ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Roibot
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by Roibot » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi,

I have applied for ILR Tier1 Entrepreneur on 28 May 2016.
I have had no news or correspondence from the Home Office.
Anyone has had any success for applications made in the end of May or early June?

TheStruggleIsOver wrote:Hello been watching over this forum for some time and just made an account to update you with my good news. I have received my indefinite leave. Mother just delivered the news (lawyer called to tell us this morning).

I will hopefully update with more specific/accurate dates as I am currently at university.

We sent our application on: 05/05/16
We received our letter for biometrics and another letter about additional circumstances on 17/06/16,which the lawyer seemed worried about. It instructed us to fill in any additional grounds that we may have missed on the application - we had nothing to add so we sent it with no further additional grounds. Our biometrics and the aforementioned letter was sent off on 21/06/16

We finally received the good news of being granted indefinite on 03/10/16, I will hopefully be able to update with more specific dates and details in the near future. Just wanted to post so other know that May applicants are starting to receive the good news, so good luck everyone.

God is good!

kash_zia
Newly Registered

Post by kash_zia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:48 am

Roibot wrote:Hi,

I have applied for ILR Tier1 Entrepreneur on 28 May 2016.
I have had no news or correspondence from the Home Office.
Anyone has had any success for applications made in the end of May or early June?

TheStruggleIsOver wrote:Hello been watching over this forum for some time and just made an account to update you with my good news. I have received my indefinite leave. Mother just delivered the news (lawyer called to tell us this morning).

I will hopefully update with more specific/accurate dates as I am currently at university.

We sent our application on: 05/05/16
We received our letter for biometrics and another letter about additional circumstances on 17/06/16,which the lawyer seemed worried about. It instructed us to fill in any additional grounds that we may have missed on the application - we had nothing to add so we sent it with no further additional grounds. Our biometrics and the aforementioned letter was sent off on 21/06/16

We finally received the good news of being granted indefinite on 03/10/16, I will hopefully be able to update with more specific dates and details in the near future. Just wanted to post so other know that May applicants are starting to receive the good news, so good luck everyone.

God is good!
Hi Roibot,

I will share the timelines for reference

Application sent: 13 May, 2016
Application received by home office: 16 May, 2016
Biometrics Done: 28th May, 2016
ILR acceptance letter + BRP received: 21st of October, 2016

I also applied for Premium service upgrade on 19th of September, 2016 which was rejected.

Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting for decision. InshaAllah, you will get a favorable decision soon..

Regards,
Kashif

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:04 pm

sarah888 wrote:Hi all,

I applied for my ILR based on Ancestry on May20th, done my biometrics 2 weeks later and now I've done nothing but wait :(

On Monday I decided to upgrade to premium and received an email saying I am provisionally accepted for an upgrade but have hear nothing since. How long is the general wait to find out? I'm getting so impatient I just want this all over and done with now!
[/quote]

Hi Chelsea_arv not yet still waiting!! I thought with ancestry being so simple that it would have been quicker but I guess not! Hopefully soon, so sick of waiting.. When did you apply?[/quote]

That sucks! We applied on June 22nd. I thought the exact same thing...Ancestry is so simple, i don't have to prove too much or even have to prove work etc., i have blood rights to live here...but no...we might have to fast track it as we are going home it December :? :?[/quote]

Hi Sarah888,

Any news yet?

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:20 pm

chelsea_arv wrote:

I applied for my ILR based on Ancestry on May20th, done my biometrics 2 weeks later and now I've done nothing but wait :(

On Monday I decided to upgrade to premium and received an email saying I am provisionally accepted for an upgrade but have hear nothing since. How long is the general wait to find out? I'm getting so impatient I just want this all over and done with now!
Hi Chelsea_arv not yet still waiting!! I thought with ancestry being so simple that it would have been quicker but I guess not! Hopefully soon, so sick of waiting.. When did you apply?[/quote]

That sucks! We applied on June 22nd. I thought the exact same thing...Ancestry is so simple, i don't have to prove too much or even have to prove work etc., i have blood rights to live here...but no...we might have to fast track it as we are going home it December :? :?[/quote]

Hi Sarah888,

Any news yet?[/quote]
Still waiting!! Hoping next week is my week as it seems the application that were sent in an now being approved were around my date, so fingers crossed!! How about you?

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:19 pm

sarah888 wrote:
chelsea_arv wrote:

Hi Chelsea_arv not yet still waiting!! I thought with ancestry being so simple that it would have been quicker but I guess not! Hopefully soon, so sick of waiting.. When did you apply?
That sucks! We applied on June 22nd. I thought the exact same thing...Ancestry is so simple, i don't have to prove too much or even have to prove work etc., i have blood rights to live here...but no...we might have to fast track it as we are going home it December :? :?

Hi Sarah888,

Any news yet?
Still waiting!! Hoping next week is my week as it seems the application that were sent in an now being approved were around my date, so fingers crossed!! How about you?[/quote]

I have also noticed that ILR's from May are being granted slowly but surely. We are still waiting but then again we did apply a month after you so we are crossing fingers for next month!

Roibot
Newly Registered

Post by Roibot » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi, Kashif,

It's great to hear of your ILR success. Looks like the HO has caught up with any backlogs they may have had previously. Having processed your ILR application in about 5 months is great news for guys like us whose businesses are suffering due to curtailment of travel. I lost a major order in China because I couldn't go to pitch for sales. I hope the HO will one day realise that withholding our passports is counterproductive for the good of the UK (if they want more genuine entrepreneurs to set up international businesses here, post Brexit).

Regards,
Roibot

I will share the timelines for reference

Application sent: 13 May, 2016
Application received by home office: 16 May, 2016
Biometrics Done: 28th May, 2016
ILR acceptance letter + BRP received: 21st of October, 2016

I also applied for Premium service upgrade on 19th of September, 2016 which was rejected.

Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting for decision. InshaAllah, you will get a favorable decision soon..

Regards,
Kashif

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:41 am

sarah888,

We also applied for ILR via Ancestry around the same time (ours were singed for on 21st June). We're still waiting too. The four month mark has just past so hopefully soon. I will update here as soon as it comes since our situations are pretty much the same.

AA321

Post by AA321 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:39 am

Hi,

I have received my ILR in Jan'2016 (ICT 5 years route) and my spouse & child are holding Tier-2 dependent visa now and its still valid until 2017. I am planning to apply ILR for them now.

My spouse entered UK in Nov'2010, so eligible on 2 year route now. My child is 3 years old (entered UK in Oct'2013).

1) I am thinking of doing through Postal Application and just reading through this thread I wonder the 6 months timelines is getting applied for almost all application or depends on the complexity.

2) I have been following the immigration updates and so far the changes from Apr'2017 are only on Tier-2. Is there any change on ILR & Naturalisation.

Thanks in anticipation.

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Finally got my ILR approved! I applied on the 21st May and received my approval letter within 7 working days. :D :D :D

Roibot
Newly Registered

Post by Roibot » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Sarah888,

Did you apply on 21May and get the ILR NOW or within 7 working days of the application date?
Can you please give more details and sequence of events.

Thanks.

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Sorry I meant to say my BRP will arrive in 7 days.

I applied for ILR set o based on ancestry on the 21st may.
Biometrics done 2 weeks later.
Received ilr acceptance letter today.

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:15 pm

sarah888 wrote:Finally got my ILR approved! I applied on the 21st May and received my approval letter within 7 working days. :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That gives me hope!!!!

winnter_summer
Newly Registered

Post by winnter_summer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:39 pm

kiranv5 wrote:@arbaz,

Dont worry bro, Everything will be fine.
I have applied in OCT'2015 i got refusal on Oct '2016. You will be soon receving your ILR. I hope you will be receiving by this month end.

Thanks
Kiran
Hi Kiran,
What are the reasons for refusal. I am now waiting for 10 months. Have you been to an interview?

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:26 am

ILR SET(O): Ancestry
Application Sent 22/06/2016
Application Delivered 23/06/2016
Payment Taken 28/06/2016
BRP letter Received 29/07/2016 (dated 28th July 2016)
BRP Done 09/08/2016
Acknowledgment email - Every month

Desperate for this ILR approval, need to go home. I wish it was as quick as a few years ago. When i go back in the feed it seems to have taken 8 weeks for anybody. What happened?

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:23 pm

chelsea_arv wrote:ILR SET(O): Ancestry
Payment Taken 28/06/2016
BRP Done 09/08/2016

Desperate for this ILR approval, need to go home. I wish it was as quick as a few years ago. When i go back in the feed it seems to have taken 8 weeks for anybody. What happened?
There are just so many applicants now, especially since Brexit, I imagine the HO is just really backed up. You will get a response soon, I know how frustrating the wait is. When are you going back home? Have you thought about premium upgrade?

Nauman2547
inactive

Post by Nauman2547 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi All,Applied in 21st May 2016,it's 5 months plus now,Couldnt go back home on holidays as I had planned this month due to application still under process.After that long wait.hope to get positive news.i thought 6 months was the maximum they took but have seen cases here waiting over 10 months.

kiranv5

Post by kiranv5 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:47 pm

HI Guys,

My reason for refusal was
1. My website was not working/functional when HO checked. (They did not ask me for any proof/evidence, I provided them invoices ).
2.How can I work full time and also develop websites. (Basically they mean that how do I manage my time).

My kind advice for everyone would be :
Anyone how is applying for ILR or sending any extra docs regarding SE.

Send the proof of work in first place :
1. Webpages.
2. DNS history of website.
3. Client communications.
4.Contract Agreements.

Thanks
Kiran

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Nauman2547 wrote:Hi All,Applied in 21st May 2016,it's 5 months plus now,Couldnt go back home on holidays as I had planned this month due to application still under process.After that long wait.hope to get positive news.i thought 6 months was the maximum they took but have seen cases here waiting over 10 months.

6 months is just a guideline, not a definite time. depending on how complex the case is will depend on how long it takes.

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:11 pm

sarah888 wrote:
chelsea_arv wrote:ILR SET(O): Ancestry
Payment Taken 28/06/2016
BRP Done 09/08/2016

There are just so many applicants now, especially since Brexit, I imagine the HO is just really backed up. You will get a response soon, I know how frustrating the wait is. When are you going back home? Have you thought about premium upgrade?

We have tickets booked for 1st December. Ja we have thought about the upgrade but it seems thats also taking longer than the 5 days that they say it takes!! aaaaa nail biting stuff! Could they not have waited to to do Brexit some other time, hahahah!

NAVRAF
Newly Registered

Post by NAVRAF » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:00 am

Hi all,
i) can we continue working after AR refusal? I mean if we want to pursue JR after the refusal?
ii) Also I have seen a few people on here claiming that they had tax problems and their applications were refused. however they sent a fresh application with a covering letter explaining they have sorted everything out with HMRC and were granted ILR. My question is on the fresh application did the applicants have to show fresh incomes earned over the last twelve months or the same old incomes as shown in the first refused application?
regards
NavRaf

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi sarah888 and chelsea_arv,

Did you both receive acknowledgement e-mails every month? I've not had a single e-mail after applying in June. Also, did they send you an 'Additional Grounds' response letter?

Cheers,

Nick

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:40 pm

NickTheKiwi wrote:Hi sarah888 and chelsea_arv,

Did you both receive acknowledgement e-mails every month? I've not had a single e-mail after applying in June. Also, did they send you an 'Additional Grounds' response letter?

Cheers,

Nick

Yes, i have received an email each month and we received an Additional Grounds letter in August i think. It's weird that you have not received anything! We might just have to do the Upgrade or actually go to Liverpool from London. FML!

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:06 pm

I never received any communication from the HO at all except for my biometric enrolment letter. No emails nothing.i didn't get an additional grounds letter either,what is that for??

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea_arv » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:19 pm

sarah888 wrote:I never received any communication from the HO at all except for my biometric enrolment letter. No emails nothing.i didn't get an additional grounds letter either,what is that for??

I'm not sure why we got the additional grounds letter. I hope it doesn't mean there was a problem! We have received an email on the 28th of every month so far just telling us that the process is ongoing etc etc.

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:11 pm

chelsea_arv,

I'm thinking it's a new process where they send those additional grounds letters to anyone applying under Ancestry and it probably started around May/June time. I posted a question on here when it came with our biometric enrolments but had no response. I decided not to send it back since I figured it as a 'response' and I was given nothing to respond to and as far as I can tell, it only matters if you want to raise new matters under an appeal. It's like putting the emphasis on the applicant to keep Home Office informed of any new circumstances.

The English on the form is terrible and I took it to mean that it only needs to be completed if I have been asked to complete it or to hold on to it in case your circumstances change. Here is what it says:

"You or your representative should complete this form in English and return it as instructed when you were required to complete it."

As far as I know, I was not required to complete it...?