ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No 'Search' facility on this website?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zacuk
Newly Registered

No 'Search' facility on this website?

Post by Zacuk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:19 am

Hi,

Is there no 'search' option available on immigrationsboards?

Secondly, I can't figure it out how to see all of my posts (questions and/or answers). Currently, I see only 66 % of my questions shown under the User Control Panel.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: No 'Search' facility on this website?

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:21 am

Zacuk wrote:Hi,

Is there no 'search' option available on immigrationsboards?

Secondly, I can't figure it out how to see all of my posts (questions and/or answers). Currently, I see only 66 % of my questions shown under the User Control Panel.

Thanks
There is.
Each forum has a search box at the top of the page.

There is an advanced search feature: http://www.immigrationboards.com/search.php

You can click on 'View your posts' to see your posts.

And when you click on 'View your posts' you will also see a '< Return to advanced search' link in the page header area.

:idea: Pro tip: for ease of reuse, you can save the text of a favourite search query as a draft message (in UCP).

All the above assumes you are logged in; (I don't use IB as a visitor).

See also Board FAQs.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Some new members appear to be unable from using the search facility. Try Google.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jan39

Re: Can HO cancel Driving Licence and Bank accounts?

Post by jan39 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:12 am

This post moved here from another topic...
noajthan wrote:You can find someone's history by clicking on their username and reading their previous posts instead of asking them to repeat it all yet again.

The point of this topic is not the reason for a refusal and there is no need to go down that path again. (how did they apply; was it in person or by post; were they called to interview; what questions asked; did incompetent accountant/advisor mislead HMRC; do they have top-notch lawyer to sort it out; etc etc etc).

This topic is all about the consequences of a refusal.
Can't click on the member's name, managed to do from a different way, and it said 'You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles'.
Also Search box/option is visible only when I log out, while login the search box is not there, it means a newly registered members can't search this site, but someone who is not member can search this site. It's really strange why there is a search privilege to non-members but registered members are deprived from this helpful and informative facility. It means to do some search you will have to log out first. Shortly non-members can get the benefit which members cannot get.
Sorry if it's the wrong forum to discuss but I am amazed that as a registered member I don't have search option.

MrsT
Mood:

Post by MrsT » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Have you found a solution for this? I can't search either, and using Google Search is a bit of an inconvenience.

MrsT
Mood:

Post by MrsT » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:26 am

Anybody?

GlobalThailand
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalThailand » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:34 am

*Bump*

I found this post via a manual search, lol.

There is some great information available on these boards but after registering I need to log out to search! I'd really like to double check I'm not asking repeat questions and bugging forum members if the information is already searchable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:50 am

We believe that the full search function kicks in when a new member has either 10 or 30 posts. The moderators don't have control over this as we are not the system administrators.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GlobalThailand
Newly Registered

Post by GlobalThailand » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Ok, thanks for the heads up!

...and in thanking you I have craftily bumped up my post count by one! :wink:

Meedo7
Pakistan

Post by Meedo7 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 pm

I am not authorised to search or post something why

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:50 am
We believe that the full search function kicks in when a new member has either 10 or 30 posts. The moderators don't have control over this as we are not the system administrators.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Meedo7 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 pm
I am not authorised to search or post something why
You've just posted something. :idea:

See CR001's response in this thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Meedo7
Pakistan

Post by Meedo7 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Why I can't search any thing in that website

BadgerSet
Newly Registered

Post by BadgerSet » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi people.

I too was befuddled by not being able to use the search functionality. Apparently the problem is that I have registered and have logged in, but I haven't posted enough posts.

Recommendation to forum users who want to search

If you are a new user without enough posts, there is a way to use the search functionality without logging out:

Open a Private Browser Window and search from there.

Recommendation to Site Administrators

If this isn't fixed, it would at least be useful to have information about this strange "Search Restriction for new users" available in two places.

1) The FAQ. app.php/help/faq#f7r0

How can I search a forum or forums?
Enter a search term in the search box located on the index, forum or topic pages. Advanced search can be accessed by clicking the “Advance Search” link which is available on all pages on the forum.
It is somewhat maddening to searching for a search box that doesn't exist!

2) In the stickied post entitled "READ ME : How to search the forum". comments-about-discussion-board/read-me ... 13844.html That thread is locked and this important information is missing from it. Maybe you should sticky this thread instead????

Thanks!