ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Drwright1981
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Drwright1981 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:58 am

drwright wrote:I have been a very silent observer.., and before my application ., i have read most updates and questions from most prospective applicants.
My timeline.. is as follows
Submitted my application to the HO..LIVERPOOL DEPT D..23RD OF NOVEMBER
Application received ....... 25th of november
Acknowledgement as regard to application.....................27th of november
Biometric enrollment letter .....................................30th of november
Biometric enrolled at post office ................................1st of december

approval letter.................... 17th of march 2016
brp card ........................ 9th of march 2016

may God almighty..grant all of us our heart desired as regards to our application for ilr

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Hello good people,this tread has been quiete for so long, i would like to see some members who are waiting for ILR to share our feelings and good news.
i applied ilr on 17 july 2016
received aknoledgment letter around 25 july 2016
biometric letter received 12 august 2016
biometric done 18 august 2016
ilr latter received: not yet
brp received; not yet
Has anyone received their ilr lately? can you please share you timeline?
Good luck for all of us waiting.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:41 pm

Any good news? anuone has been granted recentely? please share your timeline.
Thank you. May Allah grant all of us our heart desires.

mahamalik
Newly Registered

Post by mahamalik » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi all
i got visa on humanitarian protection for 4 and half years so my visa is going to expire on next month. I am confused either i need to apply for Settlement or for extention because i am not going to fulfill the requirements of 5 year visa on Humanitarian Protection. But visa expiry date is same when I won my Appeal from the court of appeal. I am not sure what should i do i am in stress.
is anyone who help me about this matter.
many thanks
maha

mahamalik
Newly Registered

Post by mahamalik » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:36 pm

freedom10 wrote:Any good news? anuone has been granted recentely? please share your timeline.
hi freedom10
did you get any news or emails from HO

Kannan_2016
Newly Registered

Post by Kannan_2016 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:53 pm

mahamalik wrote:Hi all
i got visa on humanitarian protection for 4 and half years so my visa is going to expire on next month. I am confused either i need to apply for Settlement or for extention because i am not going to fulfill the requirements of 5 year visa on Humanitarian Protection. But visa expiry date is same when I won my Appeal from the court of appeal. I am not sure what should i do i am in stress.
is anyone who help me about this matter.
many thanks
maha
For settlement (P) application, the minimum requirement is 5 years. You need to first check the visa and see if it says Limited Leave to Remain or ‘discretionary leave’ or ‘exceptional leave or some other. You can also check the visa letter came from Home Office to see what type of protection were given. Normally Refugee or Humanitarian Protection visa is given for 5 years.

The Set P Form guidance form says you should have been given 5 years of refugee or humanitarin visa. See below

This form is for anyone who has been granted five years refugee leave and is now applying for
settlement, in accordance with the published Home Office asylum instruction on refugee leave.
It is also for anyone who has been granted five years limited leave to enter or remain on grounds
of humanitarian protection, since 30 August 2005

One other thing i remembered, with you visa letter from home office, did you get a leaflet with the title 'Your Asylum Decision - Important Information and advice for claimants'. This leaflet should have a section called Applying for Extension. Could you check what does it say?

Kannan_2016
Newly Registered

Post by Kannan_2016 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:18 pm

mahamalik wrote:
freedom10 wrote:Any good news? anuone has been granted recentely? please share your timeline.
hi freedom10
I have been waiting over 4 months now and I heard from my friends and others who applied after Dec 2015, it is taking a bit longer than before. Before the average decision time was about 12 weeks, now most of them i heard are about 20 weeks or over. So it means we may have to wait a bit longer I think.

About email, yes HO sends email every month saying the application is still under processing. If you have applied for ILR, and not getting any emails, better to check your Junk or Spam email folder as well.

mahamalik
Newly Registered

Post by mahamalik » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Kannan_2016 wrote:
mahamalik wrote:
hi freedom10
I have been waiting over 4 months now and I heard from my friends and others who applied after Dec 2015, it is taking a bit longer than before. Before the average decision time was about 12 weeks, now most of them i heard are about 20 weeks or over. So it means we may have to wait a bit longer I think.

About email, yes HO sends email every month saying the application is still under processing. If you have applied for ILR, and not getting any emails, better to check your Junk or Spam email folder as well.

thanx Kannan for this information, hopefully we will b in touch on this forum and i will put further update after putting the application

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Applied - 27 Sep 2016
HO rcvd - 28 Sep 2016
Biometric letter rcvd - 11 Oct 2016 (Dated 06 Oct 2016)
Enrolled biometric - 11 Oct 2016

Now waiting with a hope :)
Last edited by Mayu2016 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Applied - 27 Sep 2016
HO rcvd - 28 Sep 2016
Biometric letter rcvd - 11 Oct 2016 (Dated 06 Oct 2016)
Enrolled biometric - 11 Oct 2016

Now waiting with a hope :)

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Kannan_2016 wrote:
mahamalik wrote:
hi freedom10

Hi Kannan,
May I know which email address you are receiving email from?

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi everyone. i am still waiting for the God news in Allah grace. thank you all for your input. i pray that everyone get good news soon. plese keep updating so we are not bored while waiting.

Kannan_2016
Newly Registered

Post by Kannan_2016 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Mayu2016

The emails are sent from - hocommunications@communications.homeoffice.gov.uk

I had to create a separate post as this board seems to be allowing only max 3 quotes.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi any good news here? can you plesase update

dinisweet
Newly Registered

Post by dinisweet » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Application sent :25 May2016 for ILR through set (P) route.
and still waiting Home Offic help line not being of any help .

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi Dinisweet, that's a long processing time. Have you done the application yourself or trough a solicitor? keep calling the Home office. hope you get the good news soon. :D

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:05 am

dinisweet wrote:Application sent :25 May2016 for ILR through set (P) route.
and still waiting Home Offic help line not being of any help .
I sent application on May 28th Saturday but it only reached Liverpool office on 2nd June due to bank holiday weekend. I received the Bio-metric enrolment letter on 14th June was dated 7th June. Since then I have been receiving email every month from HO saying application still under processing. But I have not received that email this month and not sure why I have not received it. What about you are receiving the email every month. By the way i did not send through any Solicitor. I prepared and sent the application on my own as there are plenty of information and guide on the UKVI web site. Let me know if you are receiving email regularly and how many times you contacted home office. I have not contacted yet as the letter clearly says not to contact within 6 months of application date.
Last edited by Ponnan on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:12 am

freedom10 wrote:Hi Dinisweet, that's a long processing time. Have you done the application yourself or trough a solicitor? keep calling the Home office. hope you get the good news soon. :D
I am not sure if contacting them within 6 months will help. Please see the following

We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard.
If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible

And on the following URL, it says -
Customers applying in the UK for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) 6 months
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:22 am

Hi ponnan
let hope that not receiving an email from Ho is a good sign for this month, so far i havent received yet as well. i've been told by one solicitor that you can make enquiry about application after 3 months but there is no guarantee that the will check the full process for you. good luck and update us please.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:23 am

Hi ponnan
let hope that not receiving an email from Ho is a good sign for this month, so far i havent received yet as well. i've been told by one solicitor that you can make enquiry about application after 3 months but there is no guarantee that the will check the full process for you. good luck and update us please.

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:28 am

freedom10 wrote:Hi ponnan
Hi wow the response was really quick :)

If I havent received, you have not received the email this month. If other didnt receive as well. It might also be an due to their email sending automated task is not working or may be they have changed the policy. It would be better if others can confirm if they have received email this month. But lets hope for positive.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:50 am

Yes ponnan lets hope for a positive response, you right it will be good if other members can confirm that they did not receive an email from Ho. i was suppose to receive the email on the 22nd since that was weekend , i will wait for nex week to confirm that i did not get it definetely. i dont know why responses are taking long this year. last year some people got it just in 6 weeks. good luck to all of us

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:38 pm

freedom10 wrote:Yes ponnan lets hope for a positive response, you right it will be good if other members can confirm that they did not receive an email from Ho. i was suppose to receive the email on the 22nd since that was weekend , i will wait for nex week to confirm that i did not get it definetely. i dont know why responses are taking long this year. last year some people got it just in 6 weeks. good luck to all of us
If you are supposed to receive the email on 22nd, you should receive on Monday. For my august email, the date was a Sunday and i only received the email on Monday. This clearly confirms that the automated process that sends email does not work on Sunday. and I think the same for Saturday. For me the email sent time was same for every month, it was about 14.00. So if you do not receive email tomorrow, something has definitely changed in my view. Please update end of tomorrow if you have received or not.

About the response time, from what I gather from my friends, the application processing takes longer this year than last year. Even a simple ILR application with no additional requirement seems to be taking about 6 months on average i heard.

Lets all hope for positive results for all of us so that we can get this sorted and focus on our career or studies or other things in life.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi Ponnan
I have received email from HO saying same thing that my application is being processed. any good news anywhere? have you received the email yoursef? good luck to all of us. May Allah grant us our heart desire.

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:57 am

freedom10 wrote:Hi Ponnan
I have received email from HO saying same thing that my application is being processed. any good news anywhere? have you received the email yoursef? good luck to all of us. May Allah grant us our heart desire.
Hi freedom10

I have not received email but today morning i had DX Delivery signed delivery notice left in my mail box. I have done a redelivery arrangement. Not sure if its good news or bad news. I will keep you posted. Good luck to all of us.