ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Certificate wrong place of birthday: Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LucaLondon
Newly Registered

Approval Letter with wrong place of birth!

Post by LucaLondon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi all,

I received my approval letter today! Yay finally. After going through the letter I realized that although the town is correct, the country is absolutely wrong. From Italy to Brazil!!

I am not sure where they got this from but that's what they did.
Has anyone else's had this problem?

In according to the letter should any of the details be wrong, I should still go ahead with ceremony and then send the certificate back along with a letter stating what it is wrong!

I wonder if :

1) Any of you have gone through this and if so, how long it took to get the problem rectified?
2) would this delay my passport from being sent ? :/

Has anyone got time lead?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Approval Letter with wrong place of birth!

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:01 pm

It might be only the letter that is wrong. Suggest wait to see what is on the certificate and if it is wrong, then send it back for correction.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LucaLondon
Newly Registered

Post by LucaLondon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:24 pm

On the letter they said they will be using the same details and when I phoned in to book the ceremony they confirmed they had me down with the wrong country! - Really???

I called the passport office and they have the right country!!! -.-

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:38 pm

Certificate will need to be sent back to be corrected. HO should not charge for this as it is their error.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LucaLondon
Newly Registered

Post by LucaLondon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:51 pm

The passport office confirmed they hold the correct details and just awaiting for the go ahead from the council. I guess this means my passport will no be delayed? Apparently they do not have to see the certificate. ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:08 pm

If you applied using the JCAP scheme, the passport office does not need your certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LucaLondon
Newly Registered

Naturalization Certificate wrong place of birthday: Timeline

Post by LucaLondon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi,

Last week I finally received my invitation letter. I was so happy for then finding out that they got the place of birth wrong (on the letter, hence on the certificate). Following the instructions on the letter I booked the ceremony, attended and collected the certificate.

I called the passport office(as I did a joined application), and I was told that the home office issued a warning on my application as the certificate needs to be rectified before the passport is sent out.

Has anyone gone through this process and if so, whats the timeline? As from looking online, it can take up to 10 weeks to get my certificate back...+ 6 weeks for the passport to be issue after that!!!

Help Please:(

LucaLondon
Newly Registered

Post by LucaLondon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:16 pm

CR001 wrote:If you applied using the JCAP scheme, the passport office does not need your certificate.
I got my certificate. I called the passport office and a warning was put on my application as it does not coincide to my certificate( as passport application and certificate were submitted with two different countries!). I sent the certificate back and I know do not know how long it will take to get this back and for the passport office to be notified:(!

Anyone else who had the same issue? How long did this take? :(((( Help Please