ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to fill out RP application without WRS???

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anya755
Newly Registered

How to fill out RP application without WRS???

Post by anya755 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi
I'm confused how to fill out the PR aplication while never registered for WRS. Have been advised to leave it blank, put N/A, or mark "worked without
permission" and select as an ending date 30/04/2011 ??? Please help

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: How to fill out RP application without WRS???

Post by ohara » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:42 am

What are you using as your qualifying period? Does it start some time after May 2011 (ending May 2016 etc)?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:09 am

anya755 wrote:Hi
I'm confused how to fill out the PR aplication while never registered for WRS. Have been advised to leave it blank, put N/A, or mark "worked without
permission" and select as an ending date 30/04/2011 ??? Please help
You've been getting some strange advice there, who have you been talking to?

Simply complete sections of form to enumerate your timeline in the various categories of qualified person that apply to you.
Submit rock-solid documentary supporting evidence.
Caseworker will weigh and assess your case based on information and evidence supplied;
using skill and experience (plus a modicum of legal training and knowledge) she will determine whether you have indeed acquired PR.

Don't Spammy Spammer the data or suppress material facts in order to make a 'good' application; (after all how do you know what that is).

There is no good character requirement for applications for DCPR;
if you have another valid qualifying period (and have acquired PR) you will be granted confirmation and not penalised for lack of full and proper WRS registration.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

anya755
Newly Registered

Post by anya755 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:34 am

To leave it blank I have been told by one of the HO helpline advisor. And yes as a qualifying period I'm using time after 01/05/2011. Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:16 pm

anya755 wrote:To leave it blank I have been told by one of the HO helpline advisor. And yes as a qualifying period I'm using time after 01/05/2011. Thanks
Drop the phone.
Run, don't walk.
Don't look back.
Don't call helpline again.

Suggest fill in the form based on your timeline of activities in UK.
As intimated above, caseworker weighs and assesses the information and evidence supplied.

anya755
Newly Registered

Post by anya755 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:29 pm

I'm planning to tick "working without permission" until 30/04/2011. That's how I feel is right to do. Writing N/A can be an option as WRS is not compulsory any more. Hmm.... let's wait and see :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:47 pm

anya755 wrote:I'm planning to tick "working without permission" until 30/04/2011. That's how I feel is right to do. Writing N/A can be an option as WRS is not compulsory any more. Hmm.... let's wait and see :)
Q9.16 specifically asks about WRS at relevant time; it doesn't make sense to use "N/A".

anya755
Newly Registered

Post by anya755 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Noajthan, yes you right. I have called HO again, and I got same answer , if you using as a qualifying period last 5 years, after May 2011 leave it blank. So ...... so confused.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:43 pm

anya755 wrote:Noajthan, yes you right. I have called HO again, and I got same answer , if you using as a qualifying period last 5 years, after May 2011 leave it blank. So ...... so confused.
I have no idea where "N/A" fits in at all.

Its very straightforward.
Surely your answer to 9.16 is: worked without permission and then fill out Q9.18 with the relevant details.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:59 pm

For the purpose of Permanent Residence, people relying on period after 2011 will be fine.

However if those people proceed to applying for citizenship, they may be refused, if they are unable to demonstrate their employment prior to April 2011 was in accordance with the Accession Worker Regulation 2004.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors