ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium upgrade timeline ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KhanNW

Re: Premium upgrade timeline ILR

Post by KhanNW » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:59 pm

raj2323 wrote:
KhanNW wrote:
raj2323 wrote:Khan,

Did you get a decision yet? Any further communication from premium upgrade team? For some reason, they are not replying any of my emails so far. thanks.
Hi Raj,

Any progress? Seems they will not fulfill their 5 days commitment as it is 5th day after money deducted
Khan,

No response till now. I'm just out of words with the misery they put us even though we are paying extra to get a decision. Hope for the best and keep posted. Thanks.
Thanks,

Apparently they are looking very busy though with earliest premium slots available at the end of November. This might be a reason as I think they still need to look for an available caseworker and a slot. I might be wrong

eddiemurphy
Newly Registered

Post by eddiemurphy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 pm

I am still waiting for the money to be deducted as it is been extacly one month since my request was provisionally accepted.guys seriously am running out of patience with this so called premium upgrade service.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 pm

eddiemurphy wrote:I am still waiting for the money to be deducted as it is been extacly one month since my request was provisionally accepted.guys seriously am running out of patience with this so called premium upgrade service.
Dear Eddiemurphy,

You are right that this service doesn't worth paying extra money as it is not functioning as expected. It is taking extremely long for the "relevant team" to send our files. Myself has been waiting over 1 month, except money deduction nothing has changed. I hope they will decide our applications soon and all we can do is pray and wait ...

eddiemurphy
Newly Registered

Post by eddiemurphy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:12 am

Finally the home office decided to deduct the money from my account today. If they don't decide my application within 5 days then I will class it as a "day light robbery " by UKVI.

fahadii123

Post by fahadii123 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:54 am

Hi guys I can see that premium upgrade process is very slow at the moment but I'd like to still take my chances as my job is dependent on it. Can you guys please suggest when would be the best time to apply for ILR premium in my case?

Current visa expires: 22nd Nov'16
Eligible for ILR: 10th December(includes 28 days deduction)

I'll be making an (18 days)early application and will submit my postal ILR application by 21st November but when can I apply for the premium upgrade? Can I do it before even making my postal application as there's a long wait. Or do I only apply on or after 21st November?

I may lose my job if the ILR is delayed for too long :(

Thanks for your advices.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:57 am

eddiemurphy wrote:Finally the home office decided to deduct the money from my account today. If they don't decide my application within 5 days then I will class it as a "day light robbery " by UKVI.
That's good your file has arrived in PSC. It looks like they process payments on Thursday's as they did our's. Please keep updating if someone hear from Premium upgrade team. Thanks

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:13 am

fahadii123 wrote:Hi guys I can see that premium upgrade process is very slow at the moment but I'd like to still take my chances as my job is dependent on it. Can you guys please suggest when would be the best time to apply for ILR premium in my case?

I'll be making an (18 days)early application and will submit my postal ILR application by 21st November but when can I apply for the premium upgrade? Can I do it before even making my postal application as there's a long wait. Or do I only apply on or after 21st November?

Thanks for your advices.
I believe it should be atleast during 28 days period (and much better once completed 10 years). You cant do an upgrade before making an application as there is no application to upgrade. Also, it will be good to wait for acknowledgement letter that takes over 2 weeks. They will most likely send you a biometric letter with an acknowledgement letter in one envelope. It will contain your case reference number. You will need this case ref: for premium upgrade form. Though you can send premium upgrade request without case ref: number. I think they won't be able to trace your application and it means they won't accept it.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Quick update;

Just received an e-mail that a decision has been made. Hope it is positive

raj2323
Newly Registered

Post by raj2323 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:49 pm

KhanNW wrote:Quick update;

Just received an e-mail that a decision has been made. Hope it is positive
Khan, same here. received an email as below. Hope we get a positive decision. thanks.

Dear Sir
Thank you for your request for a premium upgrade to your application.
We can confirm that a decision has now been made on your application. Your documents will be posted out to you via Special Delivery.
If you are notified prior to 1pm then you will be able to track your documents the following day after 11am. If you have been notified of your decision after 1pm then your decision will not be despatched the same day and will be collected by our postal team the next working day.
Your Special Delivery tracking number is: ---

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks Raj for the update. Now need to wait till Saturday to find out as they havnt send out today. I got exactly same e-mail. Let's hope for good

raj2323
Newly Registered

Post by raj2323 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:59 pm

KhanNW wrote:Thanks Raj for the update. Now need to wait till Saturday to find out as they havnt send out today. I got exactly same e-mail. Let's hope for good
Khan,
Slightly worried as previous threads showed that they tell you the decision in the email. They might have changed their format recently.

fahadii123

Post by fahadii123 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:29 pm

KhanNW wrote:
fahadii123 wrote:Hi guys I can see that premium upgrade process is very slow at the moment but I'd like to still take my chances as my job is dependent on it. Can you guys please suggest when would be the best time to apply for ILR premium in my case?

Thanks for your advices.
I believe it should be atleast during 28 days period (and much better once completed 10 years). You cant do an upgrade before making an application as there is no application to upgrade. Also, it will be good to wait for acknowledgement letter that takes over 2 weeks. They will most likely send you a biometric letter with an acknowledgement letter in one envelope. It will contain your case reference number. You will need this case ref: for premium upgrade form. Though you can send premium upgrade request without case ref: number. I think they won't be able to trace your application and it means they won't accept it.
Thanks Khan! And good luck to you and Raj on the decision :) hope you both get your ILR iA!

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 pm

raj2323 wrote:
KhanNW wrote:Thanks Raj for the update. Now need to wait till Saturday to find out as they havnt send out today. I got exactly same e-mail. Let's hope for good
Khan,
Slightly worried as previous threads showed that they tell you the decision in the email. They might have changed their format recently.
Hi Raj,

I think no need to worry as it is standard e-mail I guess you can't tell any thing from e-mail. I have seen previous posts where people were sent same e-mail and got positive decisions.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:18 pm

fahadii123 wrote:
KhanNW wrote:

Thanks for your advices.
Thanks Khan! And good luck to you and Raj on the decision :) hope you both get your ILR iA!
Thanks fahadii123 and good luck with your application

eddiemurphy
Newly Registered

Post by eddiemurphy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Congratulations to khan and raj for getting the decision.Wish you guys all the best for your future life. Let us know when you guys have any further updates. Good news is finally we started getting decisions from home office. I will post if I get any updates regarding my application.

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 pm

eddiemurphy wrote:Congratulations to khan and raj for getting the decision.Wish you guys all the best for your future life. Let us know when you guys have any further updates. Good news is finally we started getting decisions from home office. I will post if I get any updates regarding my application.
Thank you Eddiemurphy for the best wishes and hope you will hear some good news soon. We will definitely update on the decision.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:17 am

dear fahadi,
u r doing early application before qualifying period, m in same boat, i am short of 21 days, i met 3 famous solicitors in last week and all advised to 1st go for any FLR FP or O or flr LR application and when time comletes then to vary that application to set lr ??they say ho will consider date of application not date when decision is made when they decide that application ,plz take some solicited advice?? any members or senior gurus // who successfully applied in this forum for set lr before qualifying period plz share ur experience ??many thx

Thanks for your advices.

eddiemurphy
Newly Registered

Post by eddiemurphy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Any joy@ khannw and raj????????

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:02 pm

eddiemurphy wrote:Any joy@ khannw and raj????????

Hi Eddiemurphy,

Nothing at my end. I had sent a self addressed special delivery envelope and tracking shows "no results available". I hope they will send out today so we can get tomorrow

eddiemurphy
Newly Registered

Post by eddiemurphy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Don't worry bro. you know how home officecaseworkers are like. i am sure your ILR is on its way. :D

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Can anyone tell me if you received any monthly update emails from UKVI? as ive been reading on other posts about receiving monthly emails saying there application is still under condsideration and ive never received anything like that :?: :?:

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:48 pm

sarah888 wrote:Can anyone tell me if you received any monthly update emails from UKVI? as ive been reading on other posts about receiving monthly emails saying there application is still under condsideration and ive never received anything like that :?: :?:
I never received any e-mail except confirmation of application though it stayed with them 2 months.

Did they deducted money yet?

sarah888
Newly Registered

Post by sarah888 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:57 pm

KhanNW wrote:
sarah888 wrote:Can anyone tell me if you received any monthly update emails from UKVI? as ive been reading on other posts about receiving monthly emails saying there application is still under condsideration and ive never received anything like that :?: :?:
I never received any e-mail except confirmation of application though it stayed with them 2 months.

Did they deducted money yet?
Yeah that's the only email I got too, that's alright then started panicking again. No nothing still, today is exactly 5 months of waiting.. So much stress I think I'm turning grey :roll: :roll:

KhanNW

Post by KhanNW » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:04 pm

sarah888 wrote:
KhanNW wrote:
sarah888 wrote:Can anyone tell me if you received any monthly update emails from UKVI? as ive been reading on other

Yeah that's the only email I got too, that's alright then started panicking again. No nothing still, today is exactly 5 months of waiting.. So much stress I think I'm turning grey :roll: :roll:
It you are accepted, you are in the que. As we can see, they are taking up to 4 weeks to deduct money. Hopefully, they will take next week

fahadii123

Post by fahadii123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:50 pm

paru.org wrote:dear fahadi,
u r doing early application before qualifying period, m in same boat, i am short of 21 days, i met 3 famous solicitors in last week and all advised to 1st go for any FLR FP or O or flr LR application and when time comletes then to vary that application to set lr ??they say ho will consider date of application not date when decision is made when they decide that application ,plz take some solicited advice?? any members or senior gurus // who successfully applied in this forum for set lr before qualifying period plz share ur experience ??many thx

[
]

Hey Paru
I too have met a few solicitors but got mixed responses. Said that, I have decided to send an early application because 2 known solicitors and some members of this group told and shared their experiences. What the solicitors are telling you isn't completely true. If it is, ask them to show you where does it say that on the guidance or anywhere else? Said that, it is indeed a safer option(but more expensive). So yeh, decision is yours buddy!

I'd advise you to go to the below link where KhanW gave some very good advice to me and also a link that he shared. Do fead it! Might help you make up your mind :)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1410655

Btw, when do you apply for ILR?

P.s: I know that you're after a SOLID answer but trust me we aren't getting one because both options have been tried and tested. The forum is filled with stories similar to ours. Just make the decision and go with it I guess :)