ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My visa sticker doesn't make any sense

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alimohamed1191
Newly Registered

My visa sticker doesn't make any sense

Post by Alimohamed1191 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:05 pm

I have applied for a business academic visa short duration.and was accepted however both the entery and expired dates on the sticker are a month earlier than what I have written s my arrival and departure dates in the application form also the field next to the duration of stay is left blank .i think it was an error from ukvi should I wait till I reach the uk and apply for correction to be fixed or should Iattempt to fix the error from Egypt ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My visa sticker doesn't make any sense

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:18 pm

No, you need to correct it BEFORE you travel to the UK.

If you clearly stated intended travel date, it is UKVI's error.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alimohamed1191
Newly Registered

Post by Alimohamed1191 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:36 pm

How do I correct it and how long will it take? I am planning to travel in 25 days

Alimohamed1191
Newly Registered

Post by Alimohamed1191 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:39 pm

And regarding the empty field next to duration of stay ,was this also an error or does some types of visas have that field empty?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Contact the British High Commission or the visa application centre where you applied.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alimohamed1191
Newly Registered

Post by Alimohamed1191 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:17 pm

So now I have contacted the UKVI and they said that they will escalate my case to the responsible department,how long will this process take ?as I am about to travel in 22 days from now ,don't want to miss my elective for a mistake the UKVI did