ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother in Law Visa Refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seekit

Mother in Law Visa Refused

Post by seekit » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi, I am a british citizen, I sponsored my MIL and her visa has been refused. She applied from Pakistan. There were two reasons given:

1) My parents in law are dependant on their son to support them. MIL is a house wife and FIL is a retired person. She submitted his son's 6 months bank statements and salary slips and a letter stating he supports her. They refused saying there were some other transactions in his account apart from salary. He receives some commission for his work that was not shown on his bank statements. We can fix this by supplying a letter from his employer stating the commission amount paid etc.

2) Second objection was "You have mentioned that you are married but you have not provided personal and financial circumstances of your husband". In application form they asked about his passport number, name, etc. and she attached a copy of his passport with her application. As he is not working and retired there was no bank statements to submit. What do we need to submit for him? Can anyone please help us fix this objection from visa officer? My MIL and FIL both have properties on their name. MIL owns property where they live and FIL owns another property where his brother and his family lives but he doesn't charge them any rent or anything. She attached the property documents that she owns.

Can anyone please advice what documents can we submit for my FIL's personal and financial circumstances? All the bills come on my MIL's name as she owns the property where they live. So we can't show that.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mother in Law Visa Refused

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:15 pm

If the in laws are married, they should have submitted FiL documents, bank statements, pension letter etc. Also property documents should have been submitted.

What evidence did MiL provide as 'ties to home country', aka 'personal and financial circumstances'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seekit

Post by seekit » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:41 pm

CR001 wrote:If the in laws are married, they should have submitted FiL documents, bank statements, pension letter etc. Also property documents should have been submitted.

What evidence did MiL provide as 'ties to home country', aka 'personal and financial circumstances'?
Thanks for reply. yeah they are married and Father-in-law is retired doesn't receive any pension and is dependent on his son as I mentioned in my previous post.

For ties to home country we submitted property documents in Mother-in-law's name, NADRA family tree document to show she has children in UK and his husband's passport document. We mentioned in form she is married and as his husband is not travelling with her it is a strong tie to home country that she'll return. Letter from his son that he'll keep supporting her on her return. No relatives in UK apart from her daughter. What other ties can we show?

For the second objection, we need to submit some documents not sure what hence asked the question.

Thanks

seekit

Post by seekit » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi, My MiL applied again and was rejected again. She addressed the two objections mentioned above but this time the visa officer has rejected her with some general rejection reason. Can anyone please help to understand what he meant by following?

"On your application form you state that you live in Pakistan with your parents, husband, son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren and that you are sponsored by your son. To corroborate this you have submitted a letter from your son, his bank statement and salary slips. While I accept that your son is employed and supporting you financially, the documents that you have submitted do not demonstrate that you live in settled circumstances as you claim. Given the above points, and the lack of documentation before me regarding your own personal circumstances in Pakistan, I consider there is little to encourage you to leave upon completion of your visit. All of this means that, on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to visit the UK now. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the UK on completion of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c) of Immigration Rules."

Please let me know what could have missed that couldn't convince the visa officer :(
Is there anything we can do? Don't have a clue how to address this objection.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:30 pm

What documents regarding HER personal financial circumstances did she submit?

List what supporting documents were submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seekit

Post by seekit » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:07 pm

She submitted the same documents as with the intial application for her financial circumstances:

- Property document for the house she owns and live in

She is a house wife and her husband is retired as well and doesn't receive pension. As her son supports her, he submitted his payslips, bank statements etc.

Submitted NADRA family tree document with some family photos as well. ID cards if her father and mother who lives with her. Her husband's passport and a letter from him explaining that he lives with her and supported by the son. Her son has got good salary in Pakistan and he can comfortably support both his parents.