ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for Spouse of British Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

atifimtiaz
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa for Spouse of British Citizen

Post by atifimtiaz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Hi,
I am a British Citizen. I had applied for my spouse and 3 children from the UK, but visa was refused.
Two of my children are above the age of 18 years now.
I wonder, which European country, can I go to, which can accept the children age upto 21 years?
Thanks
Atif

noajthan

Re: Schengen Visa for Spouse of British Citizen

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:02 am

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:04 am

atifimtiaz wrote:Hi,
I am a British Citizen. I had applied for my spouse and 3 children from the UK, but visa was refused.
Two of my children are above the age of 18 years now.
I wonder, which European country, can I go to, which can accept the children age upto 21 years?
Thanks
Atif
In context of free movement. children over 21 are classed as dependents if financially dependent on parent/sponsor.

What are you trying to achieve?
What did you apply for? (Schengen type?)
What was reason for refusal?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

atifimtiaz
Newly Registered

Post by atifimtiaz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks for the reply
As mentioned I applied spouse visa for my wife and children but the bank statements was more than 28 days old, hence refused. I appealed lower and upper tribunal but refused on same ground. Meanwhile my children have gone past the age of 18 due to this reason I can't apply from the UK again.
Therefore I am thinking to migrate to any European country and apply spouse visa of british citizen for them who will accept the children's age upto 21, except ireland, as I know ireland but it takes long time to give visa.
I will wait eagerly for reply.
Thanks
Atif

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:59 am

Why were bank statements required for children under 21?

They don't have to answer all the questions (*) on the Schengen visa form.
Schengen Visa Handbook wrote:Additional documents may not be required regarding the purpose of travel and means of subsistence (e.g. proof of accommodation, proof of cost of travelling), which is reflected in the exemption for family members of EU citizens from filling in the following fields of the visa application form:
Field 19: "current occupation";
Field 20:"employer and employer's address and telephone number. For students, name and
address of educational establishment";
Field 31: "surname and first name of the inviting person(s) in the Member State(s). If not
applicable, name of hotel(s) or temporary accommodation(s) in the Member State(s);
Field 32: "Name and address of inviting company/organisation";
Field 33: "Cost of travelling and living during the applicant's stay".
A Member State may require that the relevant documents are translated, notarised or legalised where the original document is drawn up in a language that is not understood by the authorities of the Member State concerned or if there are doubts as to the authenticity of the document.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

atifimtiaz
Newly Registered

Post by atifimtiaz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 am

I did applied UK spouse visa for my family from UK which is refused. I did not applied schengen visa. But now I want to applied schengen visa for my wife and over 18 childrens. But don't know which schengen state countries accept the age of children's upto 21 except ireland.

atifimtiaz
Newly Registered

Post by atifimtiaz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:16 am

I am british citizen living in the UK but my family is in Pakistan.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:59 am

atifimtiaz wrote:I did applied UK spouse visa for my family from UK which is refused. I did not applied schengen visa. But now I want to applied schengen visa for my wife and over 18 childrens. But don't know which schengen state countries accept the age of children's upto 21 except ireland.
Ireland is not in the Schengen Zone.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.