ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a 5yr old dependent without father

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chiibe

Applying for a 5yr old dependent without father

Post by chiibe » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Please has anyone been in this situation , Any advice for me?
I am supposed to make am application to renew my Tier 1 ENTRP visa soon.
I have a 5yr old dependent whom I intend to apply with. The problem now is that my Husband (a dependent too) is not in Country at the moment, we plan for him to apply from our country after I have received my approval.
From what I read, my child might be refused because the two parents are not here nor applying at the same time.
If I say The child doesn't apply yet till my Husband receives his own visa outside the country, then that will make my child an overstayer.

Please what best should I do in light of my situation as detailed above.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying for a 5yr old dependent without father

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:42 am

chiibe wrote:Please has anyone been in this situation , Any advice for me?
I am supposed to make am application to renew my Tier 1 ENTRP visa soon.
I have a 5yr old dependent whom I intend to apply with. The problem now is that my Husband (a dependent too) is not in Country at the moment, we plan for him to apply from our country after I have received my approval.
From what I read, my child might be refused because the two parents are not here nor applying at the same time.
If I say The child doesn't apply yet till my Husband receives his own visa outside the country, then that will make my child an overstayer.

Please what best should I do in light of my situation as detailed above.
You cannot apply to extend a child dependant unless both parents are applying or already have visa to travel to the UK. You husband has to travel back and all of you have to apply together or you should send your child back to stay with your husband in your country where they apply for entry clearance to join you here after your leave is extended.
Be careful that if their visa expires and they do not manage to apply within 28 days of expiry, their continuous period of stay could be broken.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chiibe

Post by chiibe » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Update on this.
My dependent was also granted visa. We risked the outcome and applied because we did not want to make the child an overstayer. Based on strict application and precedent the visa might have been refused.
So its basically...
1. God
2. The child had same issue before (was born outside UK on way back) and was subsequently granted.
3. Could be because I had previously sponsored an overseas domestic worker.

It was a risk we took... it worked out well.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Thanks for the update to clear this, especially for others who might be in same situation in future