ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland EU Treaty Right visa - accommodation requiered?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kthomsen
Newly Registered

Ireland EU Treaty Right visa - accommodation requiered?

Post by kthomsen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife will be exercising the right of free movement and move to Ireland.

There's one detail in the visa process that I am not 100% sure of:

Is it required that i, the EU Citizen, have an address in Ireland BEFORE we apply for the visa? Or is it required before she arrives?

We will be arriving in the airport together, and cross the border together. The INIS website mentions that if we are "moving to OR residing in Ireland", but the EU Directive doesn't really mention anything about "moving to"..

So... Will I need an address in Ireland before we can exercise the right of free movement?

Thanks! :)

kthomsen
Newly Registered

Re: Ireland EU Treaty Right visa - accommodation requiered?

Post by kthomsen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:21 pm

To me, it doesn't make sense if that is a requirement to have an apartment BEFORE we move there, since it is close to impossible to get an apartment without having a job or a contract and PPS number - which requires that we are there, I guess!

Also, in the EU Directive 2004/38/EC, it says in Article 6, that we should be able to go to Ireland for up to 3 months, WITHOUT any conditions or any formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid identity card or passport.

So, as far as I know, we do NOT need an apartment before we move, as long as we go together (so she is accompanying me, not joining).

Can anyone confirm this?

Sedanday

Post by Sedanday » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:30 pm

I think you can have a temporary accommodation I.e hostel.
Some people applied from hostel when they came.
No you don't need to have accommodation. You can have hotel or hostel bookings just incasebthey ask where you would be staying.

kthomsen
Newly Registered

Post by kthomsen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:48 pm

This is regarding the Entry Visa, which is required to go to Ireland, before we can even apply for the Residence Card.

As far as I can read from the EU Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 6, it says that all we need is a passport, and proof that she is family (marriage certificate). We do not need any other documents like a proof of residence in Ireland.

Also, on INIS, it says that if we are "...moving to or residing in..."? If we are MOVING TO Ireland, it is clear that we do not have a residence yet.

So when we apply for the entry visa (Short Stay C Visa), as far as I can read from the directive and INIS, we do not have to provide any other documentation than our passports, marriage certificate and a letter from me, stating that my spouse will be exercising the right of free movement (Directive 2004/38/EC) accompanying me, and that we will arrive to Ireland together.

We can book a hotel/Airbnb before we leave (which we will, of course, since we need a place to stay there until we get an apartment), but if we need an apartment BEFORE she applies for the ENTRY VISA, then I would have to go there alone, find an apartment and stay there alone, and then after that she can apply for her entry visa.

Sidrameez991
Pakistan

Post by Sidrameez991 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:44 am

Anyone knows how much time will be taken for short stay C category visa?? I applied on Dec 2nd, 2015 but still waiting. They are not even telling me the approximate time. Any of u got ur visa?

kthomsen
Newly Registered

Post by kthomsen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:50 am

Sidrameez991 wrote:Anyone knows how much time will be taken for short stay C category visa?? I applied on Dec 2nd, 2015 but still waiting. They are not even telling me the approximate time. Any of u got ur visa?
This thread is about applying for a visa - not waiting for a visa.
If you are from Pakistan (I can see that you posted in another thread about visas from Pakistan), then I guess it might take a while, and you should follow the other thread, since this has nothing to do with that. :)

Sidrameez991
Pakistan

Post by Sidrameez991 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:43 pm

kthomsen wrote:
Sidrameez991 wrote:Anyone knows how much time will be taken for short stay C category visa?? I applied on Dec 2nd, 2015 but still waiting. They are not even telling me the approximate time. Any of u got ur visa?
This thread is about applying for a visa - not waiting for a visa.
If you are from Pakistan (I can see that you posted in another thread about visas from Pakistan), then I guess it might take a while, and you should follow the other thread, since this has nothing to do with that. :)

Yes am from pakistan but why i have to wait if I'm from pakistan??