ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 and EU Passport?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramonabroad
Newly Registered

Tier 5 and EU Passport?

Post by ramonabroad » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Hello,

I am relocating to England in May 2017. I am currently applying to confirm my Polish citizenship through my mother/apply for my passport which is taking a long time but I also qualify for the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa which I would get as a sort of "back up". My question is -- is it legal to hold a passport from an EU country (Poland) and be on a Tier 5 visa simultaneously?

Thank you!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 5 and EU Passport?

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:02 pm

ramonabroad wrote:Hello,

I am relocating to England in May 2017. I am currently applying to confirm my Polish citizenship through my mother/apply for my passport which is taking a long time but I also qualify for the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa which I would get as a sort of "back up". My question is -- is it legal to hold a passport from an EU country (Poland) and be on a Tier 5 visa simultaneously?

Thank you!
I rather susoect the EU passport would trump the T5 and render it void....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:06 pm

If you come here on a Tier 5 YMS visa and subsequently receive your Polish passport that's perfectly legal. You could then pop out of the UK, use the Polish passport for re-entry and, thereafter, not have any time limits on your stay as long as you meet the relevant rules regarding EU nationals.

Daseca
Newly Registered

Post by Daseca » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:02 pm

I did this exact same thing. Arrived in the UK in on a Tier 5 YMV and then got my Hungarian passport (through grandfather/father). No issues, once you have the EU passport it basically negates the YMV.