ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Extension Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi Shepherd,

I am in the same boat like you. My spouse have been granted a Dependant of PBS Tier 1 (general) in May 2012 but entered UK in Jan 2013, then we applied in April 2013 for my ILR and her extension as PBS Dependant Tier 1 (General). The case was refused, then appeal allowed, eventually, I and my children (under 18) got ILR and my spouse was granted PBS dependant for 3 years (until Nov. 2017). She is unable to meet the requirement (Life in UK test; English Test) for ILR although she has completed more than 2 years in UK.

1. Can I get extension for her as a PBS Dependant? even though application fee is £1770 plus IHS surcharge.

2. On the PBS Dependant form, they are not asking for income threshold (£18600 P/A) and also it is not necessary to pass English Test for applicant???

3. For how long, I will be getting extension for her? 10 or 15 years???

Kindly advise me in this regard.

Thanks

Omer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Extension Query

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:16 pm

omer2013 wrote:Hi Shepherd,

I am in the same boat like you. My spouse have been granted a Dependant of PBS Tier 1 (general) in May 2012 but entered UK in Jan 2013, then we applied in April 2013 for my ILR and her extension as PBS Dependant Tier 1 (General). The case was refused, then appeal allowed, eventually, I and my children (under 18) got ILR and my spouse was granted PBS dependant for 3 years (until Nov. 2017). She is unable to meet the requirement (Life in UK test; English Test) for ILR although she has completed more than 2 years in UK.

1. Can I get extension for her as a PBS Dependant? even though application fee is £1770 plus IHS surcharge. Yes, IHS will be £600

2. On the PBS Dependant form, they are not asking for income threshold (£18600 P/A) and also it is not necessary to pass English Test for applicant??? No income requirement and no English requirement. You have to maintain maintenance balance I think.

3. For how long, I will be getting extension for her? 10 or 15 years??? Likely for 3 years. There is no '10 or 15 year' visa.

Kindly advise me in this regard.

Thanks

Omer
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi dear,

I didn't mean that she can get 10 or 15 years visa. If she will be given extension of PBS Dependant visa for 3 years. Just wandering, if she complete 10 years in this route, then she will still need to meet the requirement (Life in the U.K. Test&!English Test).

Please advise me in this regard.

Omer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:35 pm

omer2013 wrote:Hi dear,

I didn't mean that she can get 10 or 15 years visa. If she will be given extension of PBS Dependant visa for 3 years. Just wandering, if she complete 10 years in this route, then she will still need to meet the requirement (Life in the U.K. Test&!English Test).

Please advise me in this regard.

Omer
For ILR, it is a mandatory requirement for ALL applicants to meet the LIUK and English B1 language requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Hello mate.

Do I need to show maintenance fund £630 for 90 days for the applicant (PBS dependant). My spouse has no bank account as we tried and consulted all banks in the surrounding areas to open account for her but the bank declined and said she has only single name and even they are not including her name in my bank account as a joint account holder. Please advise accordingly.

Omer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:45 am

Maintenance funds can be in either spouse's bank account.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Hello guys,

I need to apply for my spouse under the category "PBS Dependant Tier 1 (general)" as she has the visa in the same visa but need to extend further and I have British passport now. I just need to double check and get updates. Any changes in the application form so far! please let me know.

Thanks

Om

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Topics merged.

Did you not apply in 2016 already?

Confusing as you have also posted in other topics asking about FLR(M) and FLR(FP)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:47 pm

No I didn't apply yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 am

I split your post from user 'shepherd'. A classic reason why we ask members to post their questions in their own topics to avoid confusion when members reply or search a users posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 am

omer2013 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:39 pm
Hello guys,

I need to apply for my spouse under the category "PBS Dependant Tier 1 (general)" as she has the visa in the same visa but need to extend further and I have British passport now. I just need to double check and get updates. Any changes in the application form so far! please let me know.

Thanks

Om
You need to apply on the Tier 1 Dependent form. No changes to the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 am
omer2013 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:39 pm
Hello guys,

Thanks

Om
You need to apply on the Tier 1 Dependent form. No changes to the rules.

Hi CR001,

I have the following conclusion in "PBS Dependent application form" section K:

K6; In which country did you obtain your visa or entry clearance? (ht)
K7; What is the reference number of the visa or entry clearance? (ht)
K8; What date was your visa or entry clearance valid from? (ht)
D D M M Y Y Y Y
K9; What date was your visa or entry clearance valid to? (ht)

Do we need to put the (reference number, date valid from and date valid to) from the first visa granted outside the UK because there is a BRP card system in the UK and there is a separate section for putting BRP details in this form? Kindly advise.

How many joint address documents are required with this application?

Kind regards

Omer

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Hello guys,

I have the following confusion in "PBS Dependent application form" section K:

K6; In which country did you obtain your visa or entry clearance? (ht)
K7; What is the reference number of the visa or entry clearance? (ht)
K8; What date was your visa or entry clearance valid from? (ht)
D D M M Y Y Y Y
K9; What date was your visa or entry clearance valid to? (ht)

Do we need to put the (reference number, date valid from and date valid to) from the first visa granted outside the UK because there is a BRP card system in the UK and there is a separate section for putting BRP details in this form? Kindly advise.

How many joint address documents are required with this application?

Kind regards

Omer