ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Record of solemnisation or marriage certificate for spouse?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mq007
Newly Registered

Record of solemnisation or marriage certificate for spouse?

Post by mq007 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi I'm a British citizen applying for a dependent visa for my wife who is a Canadian Permanent resident Card Holder.
We got married this October in Ontario Canada and i have the "Record of solemnization of marriage" and the marriage license with me, they also have a Certificate of Marriage that becomes available three months post marriage,i just need to know if i can apply for her dependent visa based on the "Record of solemnization" document received or we wait for the Certificate of Marriage which is available after ninety days.

Thank you for your support and assistance.
MQ

Casa

Re: Record of solemnisation or marriage certificate for spou

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:37 am

You're probably already aware of the following:

"Get a marriage certificate
A marriage certificate is the legal record of a marriage. It lists the date and place of the marriage, and names of the people who were married.

You need this document to:
show legal proof you are married
apply for certain social benefits
settle an estate
change a last name
A Record of Solemnization of Marriage is not the same thing as a marriage certificate."

The Case Worker will want to see a marriage certificate.

However, also note:
Delivery
Certificates are put in the mail within 15 business days (or you get your money back). Pick up service is not available.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-get-cop ... ate-online
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.