ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS refund help please!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Danielsean
Newly Registered

IHS refund help please!

Post by Danielsean » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi all me & my wife from Brazil are now living with eachother
However it was after our second visa application,the first visa was refused on the 16th of December last year which is now 160 working days ago! We was told that we will receive our IHS health insurance refund WITHIN 90 working days. With many emails sent directly to the government and phone calls leading nowhere,it has been very frustrating to say the least,we are owed £946 which is a big sum of money and we are in a position where we don't know what to do next. Do we turn to a solicitor ? Has anyone else experienced this ? We would be very grateful if anybody can offer us some advice as this situation cannot go on much longer. Thankyou to whoever reads this and I hope you can help.

Casa

Re: IHS refund help please!

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:48 pm

You paid £946 NHS surcharge? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 pm

IHS is £600 if application was submitted abroad.

You must be confusing the visa fee amount with the IHS fee amount.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Danielsean
Newly Registered

Post by Danielsean » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 am

Apologies yes after asking my wife it is actually £634 however the situation remains the same,has anybody experienced such a long time waiting for their surcharge refund? What steps did you take to get it back? Thanks again

D3k
Newly Registered

Post by D3k » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:30 am

AFAIK the IHS should be in increments of £100 unless you're a student. The £634 still doesn't seem right.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:46 am

D3k wrote:AFAIK the IHS should be in increments of £100 unless you're a student. The £634 still doesn't seem right.
No. It is increments of £200. It is only the lesser amount of £100 IF you are a student. The £634 has taken into account the currency exchange rates as the OP has applied/paid from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

D3k
Newly Registered

Post by D3k » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
D3k wrote:AFAIK the IHS should be in increments of £100 unless you're a student. The £634 still doesn't seem right.
No. It is increments of £200. It is only the lesser amount of £100 IF you are a student. The £634 has taken into account the currency exchange rates as the OP has applied/paid from abroad.
I didn't explain myself clearly. It's £200 a year, but they break that down as far as 6 month periods. So the smallest increment should be £100.

For example I just calculated it on-line for a 3.5 year period and it came out as £700.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how exchange rate factors into it seeing as the surcharge is in pounds. Regardless if the exchange goes up or down, it's always the same number of pounds.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:08 pm

D3k wrote:
CR001 wrote:
I didn't explain myself clearly. It's £200 a year, but they break that down as far as 6 month periods. So the smallest increment should be £100.

For example I just calculated it on-line for a 3.5 year period and it came out as £700.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how exchange rate factors into it seeing as the surcharge is in pounds. Regardless if the exchange goes up or down, it's always the same number of pounds.
Oversease applications are paid in local currency.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AAONO
Newly Registered

Post by AAONO » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:02 am

Hi Daniel,

Any progress on your case?
I've been waiting pretty much the same as you...

Message me if you can....

Alex

destiny43
Newly Registered

Post by destiny43 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:54 am

I was refused a visa in February 2017..and to date am still to receive my IHS refund. Their website is not helpful at all. I've tried emailing them to no avail.
This is absolutely unfair.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:46 am

AAONO wrote:Hi Daniel,

Any progress on your case?
I've been waiting pretty much the same as you...

Message me if you can....

Alex
Members don't have the privilege of the PM facility until they have contributed 30 posts on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.