ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance requirement for Tier 4 Dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kfs111
Newly Registered

Maintenance requirement for Tier 4 Dependent

Post by kfs111 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi All,

I arrived in UK a couple of months ago. I am currently studying for MSc from a renowned university in UK (outside London). My husband didn't apply with me when I made my application for Tier 4 student. He now wishes to join me and wants to apply for Tier 4 dependent visa. I deposited around £6,500 in my account in UK last month. A solicitor has just told me that the money must be kept in my dependent's account and I cant show funds in my account to meet my husband's financial requirement. Is this correct ? I have contacted UKVI contact centre and they are saying that the money can be held by either myself or my husband. I am confused and don't really know which of these information is correct. Could someone please advice and possibly provide some reliable link to confirm which side of the story is correct ? what I need to know is

1) Can i show my UK bank statement to meet my husband's financial requirement as Tier 4 dependent ?
2) Is this correct that I now only need to show funds for my husband's maintenance and I don't need to show funds for my remaining fees or my own maintenance as I have already shown them when I made my application for Tier 4 student a few months ago.

Please reply.
Thank you all for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance requirement for Tier 4 Dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Your 'solicitor' is wrong. I hope you didn't pay for such poor advice.

It can be in either of your accounts for a minimum of 28 days.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kfs111
Newly Registered

Post by kfs111 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:09 pm

CR001 wrote:Your 'solicitor' is wrong. I hope you didn't pay for such poor advice.

It can be in either of your accounts for a minimum of 28 days.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members
Thanks very much for the information. Could you please also confirm the answer to my second question ?

2) Is this correct that I now only need to show funds for my husband's maintenance and I don't need to show funds for my remaining fees or my own maintenance as I have already shown them when I made my application for Tier 4 student a few months ago.

Could somebody please answer this question. I will highly appreciate your help.

Thank you all for your help.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm

kfs111 wrote:1) Can i show my UK bank statement to meet my husband's financial requirement as Tier 4 dependent ?
Yes. I advise you refer the solicitor to the PBS Dependant Guidance, paragraph 82, which confirms that the applicant's bank statement must clearly show:

the name of the main applicant and/or your name, or (for children only) the name of your other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
•the account number
•the date of the statement;
•the financial institution’s name and logo;
•transactions covering the 28 day period;
•the amount of money available.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
kfs111 wrote:2) Is this correct that I now only need to show funds for my husband's maintenance and I don't need to show funds for my remaining fees or my own maintenance as I have already shown them when I made my application for Tier 4 student a few months ago.
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kfs111
Newly Registered

Post by kfs111 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Thanks a lot. You guys are brilliant.

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Post by kingstons vc » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:53 am

yes the funds can be held in your name, you would need to provide an undertaking for you husband, that you are responsible for his maintenance and accommodation and that the funds are accessible to your husband.
Last edited by kingstons vc on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Post by kingstons vc » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:00 am

answer to your second question is, technically you dont, as this is a seperate application for your dependent, but in practicality if the eco/io wants to go into more detail about the application then this can be a serious issue as one of the requirements for granting you entry clearance would have been- you will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents for the duration of your visa. hope this helps.

Timolat37
Newly Registered

Post by Timolat37 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Really appreciate this forum. Regarding this issue for maintenance for requirement, I would like to find out if both statements is acceptable. My wife's account at the moment does not cover the required funds but my account covers my own maintenance funds and the balance required in her account. Can both statements be submitted?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Timolat37 wrote: I would like to find out if both statements is acceptable. My wife's account at the moment does not cover the required funds but my account covers my own maintenance funds and the balance required in her account. Can both statements be submitted?
See my reply above dated Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm which quotes the Policy Guidance about this matter.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

tinusany
Newly Registered
India

Post by tinusany » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:19 am

Timolat37 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:44 pm
Really appreciate this forum. Regarding this issue for maintenance for requirement, I would like to find out if both statements is acceptable. My wife's account at the moment does not cover the required funds but my account covers my own maintenance funds and the balance required in her account. Can both statements be submitted?
Hi, did you get an answer for this question? I am in similar situation. Did they accept the statements from two accounts (First Account - Primary applicant and Second Account Dependent)? Kindly update me.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:02 am

tinusany wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:19 am
Hi, did you get an answer for this question?
I answered above, nearly a year ago, See my posting dated Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm