ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yankeebrit

Re: FLR(M) waiting times

Post by yankeebrit » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm in my FOURTEENTH week of waiting for my FLR(M) now...Anyone else waiting that long?

Cool_chilly
Newly Registered

Post by Cool_chilly » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:51 pm

yankeebrit wrote:I'm in my FOURTEENTH week of waiting for my FLR(M) now...Anyone else waiting that long?
Thats really long now. Did you receive any letter for additional documents. Have you try calling them ??

yankeebrit

Post by yankeebrit » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:01 pm

I call them daily and I am always told the same thing: They haven't made a decision yet and they can't tell me how much longer it will be.

I haven't received any letters since the end of July and when I call them they can tell me that they have not sent any more letters.

When we applied from the USA the first time in 2014 it was approved in two days...and now this? What the hell is going on?

Caramel81
Newly Registered

Post by Caramel81 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:34 pm

* Update

Application posted: 19 Aug 2016
Application received (special delivery): 22 Aug 2016 (0800 AM)
Payment taken: 23 Aug 2016
Confirmation letter written: 31 Aug 2016
Confirmation letter received by me: 2 Sep 2016
Biometrics taken: 5 Sep 2016
Additional documents requested - 10 Oct 2016 (8th week)
Additional documents sent - 11 Oct 2016

I was sure I enclosed all possible documents required but they still needed more.
Hope it won't take long now till they send me BRP as I want to travel in Nov... :roll:

chatty1986
Newly Registered

Post by chatty1986 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:02 am

Quick questions to the forum -
a. for those who have received their visa, is there usually a time lag between receiving the BRP and the passport/other documents? My solicitor in Leeds received the BRP today but I am not sure how to track my passport (its problematic for me given I have moved homes and it has been sent to my previous residence).
b. Is it usually sent via recorded delivery and does that mean without my signature, does it go back to the Home Office?

Thanks a lot. I know Ill eventually get it but I have urgent travels coming up, hence the need to get the visa at the earliest.

berto
Newly Registered

Post by berto » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:44 pm

My wife had her interview yesterday (13th October) for FLR(M) extension after 2.5 years at Croydon. We met all the requirements and I assumed it would be quite easy. We paid for the premium same day service but they had trouble with their computer systems and there were around 80-100 people who were sent away. They took a phone number and said they would ring today but they didn't, we waited with the phones all day. There is no number to contact.
Her existing visa will very soon run out, but they have kept all our documents, even the passports of me and our small baby who are British citizens, so we cannot leave the country.
Is anyone else in this boat, how long should we expect to wait, and is it a problem if she overstays her visa whilst we are waiting? I appreciate there are many people on this forum who have far worse situations than us and my heart goes out to them. But I do feel it is a jolly poor show when you pay extra for a same day service and they leave you in limbo with no contact at all.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:26 pm

berto wrote:..We paid for the premium same day service but they had trouble with their computer systems and there were around 80-100 people who were sent away. They took a phone number and said they would ring today but they didn't, we waited with the phones all day. There is no number to contact.
Wow. Amazing/sad/awful. I wonder if they can refund all but the £400 if the "premium" was not fulfilled?? Please keep this forum informed about your status, berto! We have a premium appt in a week and are very nervous (well I am) that something might go wrong. Thanks for posting too, so that others are aware.

Caramel81
Newly Registered

Post by Caramel81 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:56 am

***Update
Application posted: 19 Aug 2016
Application received (special delivery): 22 Aug 2016 (0800 AM)
Payment taken: 23 Aug 2016
Confirmation letter written: 31 Aug 2016
Confirmation letter received by me: 2 Sep 2016
Biometrics taken: 5 Sep 2016
Additional documents requested - 10 Oct 2016 (8th week)
All documents and FLR granting letter received - 15th Oct
BRP - hope it will arrive next week

So, it was exactly 8 weeks from when I sent my documents by post until I received the approval letter.
Hoped to get it sooner but it is still alright, can book my travel now.

Good luck to all.

kcpy
Newly Registered

Post by kcpy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Hello all, here's my timeline:

Application posted: 30th Aug 2016
(posted by Special Delivery, but never saw a signature in Royal Mail tracking - it still says "on it's way" now!)
Payment taken: 1st Sept 2016
Confirmation letter received : 9th Sep 2016 (dated 8th Sept)
Biometrics enrolment letter (along with request for missing documents) received: 12th Sept 2016 (dated 9th Sept)
Biometrics enrolled and missing documents sent off: 13th Sep 2016
Granting letter, passport and all documents back: 16th Oct 2016 (dated 15th Oct)
BRP: waiting

So 6 weeks and a half :)

Good luck to all!

berto
Newly Registered

Post by berto » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:50 pm

chickpea wrote:
berto wrote:..We paid for the premium same day service but they had trouble with their computer systems and there were around 80-100 people who were sent away. They took a phone number and said they would ring today but they didn't, we waited with the phones all day. There is no number to contact.
Wow. Amazing/sad/awful. I wonder if they can refund all but the £400 if the "premium" was not fulfilled?? Please keep this forum informed about your status, berto! We have a premium appt in a week and are very nervous (well I am) that something might go wrong. Thanks for posting too, so that others are aware.
I phoned the Home Office and they said that I just had to wait and see, that you are not allowed to check progress until 8 weeks has passed, which is the standard service target, even if you had paid premium. So I phoned my MP and his office said they would chase it for me, in less than an hour I was told "The Home Office have confirmed that your wife’s leave to remain has been approved and all passports and supporting documents have been posted back to you by Royal Mail recorded delivery. The tracking number is ...". It helps to have a good MP!

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:59 pm

berto wrote: I phoned the Home Office and they said that I just had to wait and see, that you are not allowed to check progress until 8 weeks has passed, which is the standard service target, even if you had paid premium. So I phoned my MP and his office said they would chase it for me, in less than an hour I was told "The Home Office have confirmed that your wife’s leave to remain has been approved and all passports and supporting documents have been posted back to you by Royal Mail recorded delivery. The tracking number is ...". It helps to have a good MP!
Great news and thanks so much for posting! Absolutely true about having a good MP. Not the first time I've seen on this forum where they have been helpful. Congrats!

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:34 pm

In this thread I've noted many people (if not most) are posting that they were asked for additional documents. I'm fairly sure that most will have done their due diligence and tried to send all that was needed originally, but overwhelming evidence from this thread suggests the HO almost always asks for more. (Examples from 4 recent posts quoted below.)

Perhaps it would be great to have a separate pinned thread to help with this, but I am very curious what kinds of documents they've been requesting for additional evidence. I have posted a question more specifically for my circumstances (which hasn't been answered), but wonder if anyone watching this thread might agree that while timelines are SUPER helpful, a bit more detail (maybe in a separate thread) would be even more helpful for those who are in the process of preparing an extension application.

Thanks to all for posting here and mods for all their help along the way.
geoffacup wrote: 24/09/2016: Letter requesting further documents
29/09/2016: Documents posted
Cool_chilly wrote: ... i have sent my additional documents on 29/09/16. And i have not get any reply yet.
Caramel81 wrote: Additional documents requested - 10 Oct 2016 (8th week)
kcpy wrote: Biometrics enrolment letter (along with request for missing documents) received: 12th Sept 2016 (dated 9th Sept)
Biometrics enrolled and missing documents sent off: 13th Sep 2016

gers
Newly Registered

Post by gers » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:34 pm

With the grace of Almighty God, my family( wife + 2 kids) got their visa last week. Here is the timeline.

Application posted: 23 Aug 2016
Application received (special delivery): 24 Aug 2016
Payment taken: 26 Aug 2016
biometric letter received: 6 Sep 2016
Confirmation letter received by me: 7 Sep 2016
Biometrics taken: 12 Sep 2016
BRP Received: 13 Oct 2016
All documents and FLR granting letter received - 14th Oct

So, it was 7 weeks from when I sent my documents by post until I received the approval letter.
Hoped to get it sooner but it is still alright, can book my travel now.

Good luck to all.

Caramel81
Newly Registered

Post by Caramel81 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi again,
my card arrived today and i have a leave to remain til May 2019 now, happy :)
Additional documents requested were bank statements. To my original application I only enclosed my payslips and the letter from work confirming my title and salary, but the letter from HO was saying that they need to see that money are really paid to my bank account.
And to those who send me private messages - unfortunately I don't have a right here to read and send messages, so I am sorry, I cannot reply

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:36 am

Caramel81 wrote:Hi again,
my card arrived today and i have a leave to remain til May 2019 now, happy :)
Congrats Caramel 81! Thanks for the info too :D

yankeebrit

Post by yankeebrit » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:24 pm

Nearly 15 weeks now...Still nothing.

I contacted my MP a week ago and he has also submitted a request. He is also getting the silent treatment....

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:44 am

Here is my wife's FLRM Extension timeline.

Application posted: 20 Oct 2016
Application received (special delivery): 21 Oct 2016 (0721 AM)
Payment taken: waiting
Confirmation letter written: waiting
Confirmation letter received by me: waiting
Biometrics taken: waiting
Additional documents requested - waiting
Additional documents sent - waiting

yankeebrit

Post by yankeebrit » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:35 pm

Anyone else waiting since July or earlier for FLR(M)?

Nat2000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat2000 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:09 pm

I am waiting from April...still in process...still waiting :(

vinny048

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2013

Post by vinny048 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:57 pm

UPDATE:

BRP received 20 October
Documents received 21 October

Thankfully all done pretty quickly.

Onto ILR next!!
vinny048 wrote:Here is my timeline for my wife's visa so far...

Application posted: 02 September 2016
Payment taken: 05 September 2016
Acknowledgement letter dated: 14 September 2016

Biometrics letter dated: 27 September 2016
Biometrics given: 1 October 2016

All my correspondence is going through my solicitor so there is a few days delay.

It seems it has taken longer for letters to be sent by HO compared to other applications. Hope this isn't a sign that of things to come.

I need my docs back ASAP as I intend to travel at the end of November.

lee88
Newly Registered

Post by lee88 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:15 am

Hey all, just thought I'd post my timeline in case anyone finds it as useful as I found the information on here. I am an Australian citizen who applied to swap to FLR (M) from my Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (which expired during the application process on 17/09/2016)

Application sent - 25/08/2016
Application signed for - 26/08/2016 (Day 1)
Payment taken - 30/08/2016 (Day 5)
Acknowledgement and Biometrics letter received - 09/09/2016 (Day 15)
Biometrics given - 13/09/2016 (Day 19)
BRP received - 13/10/2016 (Day 49)
Response letter and documents received - 14/10/2016 (Day 50)

Cheers,
Lee

Kishpatel1
Newly Registered

Post by Kishpatel1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Great. My timeline is pretty much similar except I sent my wife's application 1 week after yours. SO hoping it arrives this week so I can book a much needed Holiday.

vinny048 wrote:UPDATE:

BRP received 20 October

Onto ILR next!!

All my correspondence is going through my solicitor so there is a few days delay.

It seems it has taken longer for letters to be sent by HO compared to other applications. Hope this isn't a sign that of things to come.

vinny048

Post by vinny048 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 pm

I hope you're sorted very soon.

I've just booked my flights.

I really can't understand why it takes so long to process an application when all they really need to do is check the evidence provided and work through a tick list.

The mind boggles.
Kishpatel1 wrote:Great. My timeline is pretty much similar except I sent my wife's application 1 week after yours. SO hoping it arrives this week so I can book a much needed Holiday.

vinny048 wrote:UPDATE:

BRP received 20 October

Onto ILR next!!

tieuantuan93
Newly Registered

Post by tieuantuan93 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:20 am

Hi guys, I'm a Vietnamese applying to stay with my husband in the UK (FLRM). I've been waiting for more than 5 months and there is still no news from the UKBA. I'm getting very worried. Here is my Timeline:
23/05/2016: my solicitor sent the application
4/07/2016: received a letter requesting biometric info
8/07/2016: biometric info taken at Chorley post office
and I haven't heard anything since.
How long does it take for the Home Office to process FLR(M) application? I read on the GOV website that it should be processed within 8 weeks. However, my solicitor said it could take up to 6 months. Is it true? Does this happen to you before?

Kishpatel1
Newly Registered

Post by Kishpatel1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:50 am

So i got the Documents back last week on 27th October. I now need the BRP before I can book the travel :( Hope so it is with me by tomorrow.

[quote="vinny048"]I hope you're sorted very soon.

I've just booked my flights.

I really can't understand why it takes so long to process an application when all they really need to do is check the evidence provided and work through a tick list.

The mind boggles.