ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aus passport UK citizen but stamp says 6 months only

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cherry6
Newly Registered

Aus passport UK citizen but stamp says 6 months only

Post by cherry6 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Hope you can help!

Im Aussie born, moved here to UK in 1971 when I was 2. UK mum, Dutch dad. Lived here just fine until recent changes meant hassle coming into UK with Aus passport after holidays so I got right of abode stamp. Passport expired and rather than renew stamp I got Brit citizenship.
Just came back from holiday and forgot to take citizen cert. with me (also forgot old passport with ROA stamp, my memory is shocking). Edinburgh passport control stamped my passport with 6 months only or be deported stamp, saying I cant work etc even though I explained I lived here and offered to show proof of my address etc, driving licence. So what happens now? Am I allowed to work as I am a citizen or do I need to leave uk in 6 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Aus passport UK citizen but stamp says 6 months only

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:59 pm

If you are a British citizen, then contact them to present them with your Registration/Naturalisation certificate as evidence. UK citizens don't need permission to reside and work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:59 pm

If you are a British citizen, then contact them to present them with your Registration/Naturalisation certificate as evidence. You were stamped in based on the evidence you provided that you had, i.e Aus passport and not 'visa' or ROA proof.

UK citizens don't need permission to reside and work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cherry6
Newly Registered

Post by cherry6 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Oh thats great, thanks, will contact them tomorrow :)

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:45 am

cherry6 wrote:Oh thats great, thanks, will contact them tomorrow :)
And get your British passport, so that you can enter the UK without hassle.