ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK General Visitor Visa rejection - Please help - URGENT -

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nikhilblucky
Newly Registered

UK General Visitor Visa rejection - Please help - URGENT -

Post by nikhilblucky » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi all

I had applied for my Fiances UK Visitor Visa from December 30, 2016 to January 8, 2017 (10 days). She got a refusal from the embassy citing:
1. Lack of proof of being my fiance - Our marriage is scheduled on December 14, 2016. I am currently studying in London and she is a student in Kerala. Both of us got engaged in June 2016 and are planning to spend our honeymoon in UK 2 weeks after our marriage. Since we only have an invoice from the hall where our engagement was done, we did not opt for the dependent visa and instead applied for a standard visitor visa. Now following the refusal, I plan to append a declaration from our parents, wedding invitation cards, invoice from engagement hall and a few picture from our engagement day.
2. No intent to return - although we supplied the NOC from her college, return flight details and cover letter citing exact dates of travel, this was flagged. We have now amended the NOC to state that she has to return to her college to pursue her studies, previously it was just a no objection to leave certificate.

I think I am ready to reapply but would be great to know any other thought from experience before or current, that I need to keep in mind while reapplying.

My most important question is whether she can now apply for a Fastrack processing scheme? The website says it takes 2-3 days and I am willing to pay the extra amount. But given it was once refused, would it still be ok to opt for the fastrack. I assume so but again would be great to know

Many thanks and Kind regards
Nikhil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK General Visitor Visa rejection - Please help - URGENT

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:37 am

She needs more than what was submitted to prove her ties to home country, eg. parents, financial circumstances, any property she might own etc.

Quite difficult to prove your home ties when newly married and spouse (future) living the in the UK. UKVI might be thinking that you are trying to circumvent the rules and avoid the more costly spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nikhilblucky
Newly Registered

Post by nikhilblucky » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks for the response CR001, I suppose the revised letter for college stating that she has to return to the home country and a declaration from parents that we are married will sort out the issue. I was not applying for the dependant visa because I do not have the marriage certificate with me and was advised that dependant visa strictly needs this. Which is why, opted for a standard visitor visa. Will mention that in the cover letter as wel and that she will apply for a dependant visa once she has the marriage certificate. That should suffice I believe, kindly let me know if you think otherwise.

Also on the fast track application, is that advised to opt for?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:34 pm

The intention to settle is likely to result in a refusal for a visitor visa. A high number of spouses enter as a visitor and then decide they'd rather not leave. You'll find numerous examples on the forum.

Regrettably, genuine visitors (as in your situation) suffer for the actions of others.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Post by kingstons vc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:35 am

The visitor visa (fiancé) route is for an applicants who is a fiancé of a british national or settled person in the united kingdom, in order to get married and switch to a spouse visa.
It seems as though you are on a tier 4 study visa, if this is the case then your spouse should have applied as your dependent.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:04 am

kingstons vc wrote:The visitor visa (fiancé) route is for an applicants who is a fiancé of a british national or settled person in the united kingdom, in order to get married and switch to a spouse visa.
It seems as though you are on a tier 4 study visa, if this is the case then your spouse should have applied as your dependent.
There is no 'visitor visa (fiancé) route'

There is:
A fiance visa - for those who wish to marry in the UK within 6 months and then settle as a spouse

A 6 month marrriage visitor visa = for those who wish to marry in the UK and then leave after the wedding

A standard visitor visa - for those who wish to visit the UK for no longer than 6 months.

In this case the OP applied for the correct standard visitor visa, but was unable to convince the ECO that his fiancee would return home.

It appears you have misunderstood the OPs situation. A dependent visa would not be appropriate as there was no intention to remain in the UK. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ScoobyDo
Newly Registered

Post by ScoobyDo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:27 pm

I remember my sister got a similar refusal from the embassy, it seems that was two years ago. We did not know what to do and asked some xxxx for help . They solved this problem in three weeks, they're hardcore professionals I think, may be they can help you.

Moderator edit: No commercial advertising on the forum please. Even more so on your very first post on the forum :!:

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Post by kingstons vc » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:59 am

casa, thank you for your correction, i thought there was a fiance visa, which was for applicants of british or settled person in the uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:12 am

kingstons vc wrote:casa, thank you for your correction, i thought there was a fiance visa, which was for applicants of british or settled person in the uk
There is, but that is if you wish to remain and live in the UK and settle here and costs £1195. It is not a visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Post by kingstons vc » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:19 am

casa, you've confused me now, haha.

thank you for kindly sharing your expertise, but i think the op applied for the fiance visa, which is for applicants of British or settled persons in the UK, according to my knowledge the proper route would be, as you said the Marriage Visitor visa, as it caters to those individuals who wish to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK with a person who is not settled in the UK, as is the case with the op if he is indeed as i understand on a tier 4 study visa with limited leave.
I am also reinforced in my view that the applicant could also apply as a dependent of a tier 4 student, which does not lead to settlement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:39 am

kingstons vc wrote:casa, you've confused me now, haha.

thank you for kindly sharing your expertise, but i think the op applied for the fiance visa, which is for applicants of British or settled persons in the UK, according to my knowledge the proper route would be, as you said the Marriage Visitor visa, as it caters to those individuals who wish to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK with a person who is not settled in the UK, as is the case with the op if he is indeed as i understand on a tier 4 study visa with limited leave.
I am also reinforced in my view that the applicant could also apply as a dependent of a tier 4 student, which does not lead to settlement.
Why do you keep assuming the OP is on a Tier 4 student visa? He has not said this at all. BC's and people on ILR can also be students. This is the point that casa was making.
Char (CR001 not Casa)