ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional courses

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

worriedsick
Newly Registered

Professional courses

Post by worriedsick » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:29 pm

I own another thread here (and that still hasn't been resolved) but thought I should make a new one for this topic as it is quite different.

If the course I'm undertaking is a professional course (i.e. the BPTC, a compulsory course to become a barrister), and I already have a job waiting (pupillage), how should I present this at the credibility interview?

On one hand, I landed this job long before I graduated from my previous course. And it is a requirement that all barristers in the UK take the BPTC. So I'm obviously not applying for the Tier 4 to stay and find work. I am a genuine student as my job mandates me to take the course.

On the other hand, you could technically say that I am taking this course so that I can eventually work here (since all barristers in the UK need to take the course). So will telling them that I already have this job make them think I'm not a genuine student?

I know this sounds confusing. Hopefully someone can give some advice...

noajthan

Re: Professional courses

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:33 pm

You are probably overthinking this.
Caseworkers will have come across this situation before.

Simply prepare your bundle and be sure to explain the situation, in a skeleton argument if you will;
their lordships will surely intimate if they wish to hear more than a brief summary of the facts.
I rest my case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

worriedsick
Newly Registered

Post by worriedsick » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm

noajthan wrote:You are probably overthinking this.
Caseworkers will have come across this situation before.

Simply prepare your bundle and be sure to explain the situation, in a skeleton argument if you will;
their lordships will surely intimate if they wish to hear more than a brief summary of the facts.
I rest my case.
Hahahah thank you noajthan.

I think you should know that your sig has brought me no small degree of comfort during this whole period :)

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:43 pm

hi, just wondering which visa route you went after your bptc? t5 gae?, bearing in mind the requirement of a degree for t5 in Gae from a student route. my friend got refused on t5 with a bptc degree saying that its not a degree as required by t5 Gae from student route.