ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring visa stamp to new passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

emmag90
Newly Registered

Transferring visa stamp to new passport

Post by emmag90 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knew what to do!

Last week I realised that my passport was water damaged. I took it to the Australian embassy and sure enough, it needed to be replaced. So I got a new one issued and it arrived yesterday. Annoying thing is earlier yesterday I got my visa stamp 1 put in my old passport (the embassy only called me after I left) so now I need it in the new one. They let me keep my old passport for proof. Worst timing, right!?

My question is, do I need to go to the registration office and get a new stamp in the new passport? Or can I just carry my old passport with me when I'm going through immigration if I leave Ireland? The next appointment with the GNIB in Burgh Quay is late next month and I'm highly considering just going to another county and seeing if they can re-stamp.

Any help would be great! Thanks :)

mayflower805
Ireland

Re: Transferring visa stamp to new passport

Post by mayflower805 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi , I transferred my stamp from old passport in June . I just walked in with my residency approval letter with me. Didnt even go through the que . just stood in front of desk no. 1. And the guy asked me how can I help. It took just 5 min altogether . the man was very nice to me and told me he will leave a note to send me reminder for renewal. Hope it helps .