ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Irish Spouse Visa from Irish Embassy India

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Applied for Irish Spouse Visa from Irish Embassy India

Post by irishmanbd » Sun May 01, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi Everybody,
I applied for Irish Spouse Visa form Irish Embassy India. On there web side said, they take 12 weeks to process. But I applied more then 12 weeks. Any body has experience how long takes to process now a days from India.

thanks for taking time to read the message.

Member of Standing

Re: Applied for Irish Spouse Visa from Irish Embassy India

Post by member » Mon May 02, 2016 12:54 am

irishmanbd wrote:Hi Everybody,
I applied for Irish Spouse Visa form Irish Embassy India. On there web side said, they take 12 weeks to process. But I applied more then 12 weeks. Any body has experience how long takes to process now a days from India.

thanks for taking time to read the message.
Is your spouse an irish national?

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks to reply. Yes my spouse is Naturalized Irish.

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Tue May 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Any body has any experience. :?:

nick001
Newly Registered

Post by nick001 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm

irishmanbd wrote:Any body has any experience. :?:
I am in process of applying a DVisa myself in the next couple of weeks, its a bit confusing about the dates as shown on the Embassy site, I been told by the INIS and few solicitors that the D-Visa application can take anywhere between 4 and 6 months, if its refused then you will have to appeal and the appeal process can take upto 4 months. Me and my family will be literally going through hell because of the amount of time it takes for Irish Immigration to process a Spouse of Irish National application, its just beyond ridiculous, but what else can we do.

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Tue May 10, 2016 7:53 pm

nick001 wrote:
I am in process of applying a DVisa myself in the next couple of weeks, its a bit confusing about the dates as shown on the Embassy site, I been told by the INIS and few solicitors that the D-Visa application can take anywhere between 4 and 6 months, if its refused then you will have to appeal and the appeal process can take upto 4 months. Me and my family will be literally going through hell because of the amount of time it takes for Irish Immigration to process a Spouse of Irish National application, its just beyond ridiculous, but what else can we do.

thanks for msg nick001. :)

nick001
Newly Registered

Post by nick001 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:29 pm

irishmanbd wrote:
nick001 wrote:

thanks for msg nick001. :)
No Problem, will help you as much as i can , would be great if you could update here when you hear from the immigration next, so that people like me are aware of the process and complications involved rather than getting worried not knowing what to expect. Cheers

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Tue May 10, 2016 8:54 pm

I will update if I hear any thing from embassy. :)

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:17 am

5 months running no sing for visa yet. Too much wetting :(

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:33 pm

hi, anybody know what the story of spouse visa of Irish Citizen. My wife applied for spouse visa to Irish embassy in India almost 6 months ago. Plz let me know if anybody has any kind of experience about that. thanks. :( :( :(

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Over 6 months applied visa for spouse of naturalized Irish citz. Still watting for decision.

HRH

Post by HRH » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:37 am

Not sure if its the Irish Embassy in India or the entire irish system is faced up.. Their casual/ carefree attitude is perhaps worse than that of a government department/office in a third world country.
They can't take phone calls. They don't bother to respond to emails. If at all you call the switchboard, you are advised to punch option 1 for visa services (no service) or email the visa team (no response).
I am so glad that my mum didn't get Irish visa & I never went to Ireland. I can't imagine what other things I would have to deal with in addition to their appalling attitude.

Here is an example, Appalling pathetic & unprofessional customer service

I applied for my mum's D visa on 07 Jan 2016. It is extremely frustrating as not only have they stopped taking phone calls , they don't even respond the emails.

Having lost all my patience, I asked them to withdraw the application & withdraw the passport. It has been thirteen days since they have received email requests & nearly 10 days since written signed request (which was delivered on the same day as per PoD receipt)

So I finally picked up the phone to the embassy & lost my cool, when I was told by the lady " We don't know whats happening with your application". When I questioned them about her irresponsible attitude & asserted that I need my mum' passport back as it's been a while since we requested the return of passport by email & courier ; she hung up.

Then I called them again to ask them to connect me to Ambassador's office, where this lady told me off for shouting at the staff & worst of all she had the cheek to say that she is not the one, who is holding on to the visa application & passport. She mentioned it's because of Brexit they are not issuing visas, which is fundamentally wrong as UK is & will remain to be a part of EU for another 18-24 months. I told her that, in such case Ireland should demonstrate the courage not to accept the applications in the first place instead of wasting people's time & holding on their passports.

After a bit of exchange, she showed some empathy & asked me to re-forward the email (3rd time) request to withdraw application. I did get my mum's passport back within 2 days.

Sramman
Newly Registered

Post by Sramman » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Waiting since 8 months for join spouse and parent visa
. No sign of visa yet.applied from vfs,hyderabad.india.
Anybody have same experience

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Applied Irish spouse visa all most 9 months but no news yet. :(

sharon89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sharon89 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am

Hi irishmanbd
Did u receive your visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:06 am

sharon89 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am
Hi irishmanbd
Did u receive your visa?
Kindly refrain from digging up and tagging onto topics from 2016. The user has never updated on the outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.