ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

victim of abuse

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

indeeptrouble
Newly Registered

victim of abuse

Post by indeeptrouble » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:38 am

My wife in Tier 1 general dependant. I am ILR after 5 years tier 1. I am in an abusive relationship which I want to get out of. Sometimes she is also voilent with me. She has cut me off from all friends and I have to take her permission before talking to anyone. My wife blackmailed me into extending her dependant visa though I wanted to get out of the abusive relationship.
My mom expired back in home country and my father is in depression and alone so I just last week got him to come to UK for some time on visitor visa for a change. I am trying to avoid problems here else he will suffer more but her behavior is getting worse and worse.

What are my options?

noajthan

Re: victim of abuse

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 am

Divorce.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: victim of abuse

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:57 am

Are you posting under two usernames? Two names registered to your IP. This is against forum T&Cs.

HelpThisPerson (click)

You have an obligation to inform HO if your marriage is no longer subsisting and has broken down. Your spouse will not be able to get ILR if this is the case.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.