ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PHD from Home Country

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coke
Newly Registered

PHD from Home Country

Post by coke » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello everyone,

Your advice will be appreciated.

I have been student here in UK for 6 years and recently i applied for PHD and received offer but university asked to apply from home country so i am wondering what are the chances of getting visa from home country?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: PHD from Home Country

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:40 am

coke wrote:recently i applied for PHD and received offer but university asked to apply from home country
For what reason?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

coke
Newly Registered

Post by coke » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 am

No Idea. They said its UKVI rules that if student change the course then they have go back to home country and apply.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:30 pm

coke wrote:They said its UKVI rules that if student change the course then they have go back to home country and apply.
it depends what you mean by "changing course". If you are switching to this new course before completing the old one, then yes you must apply in your home country.

There is a readable version of the rules here:
http://ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advic ... layer-3000
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

coke
Newly Registered

Post by coke » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:45 pm

No i have finished my master degree in august but the thing is that my visa finished date and course start date is more than 28 days so that could be one reason. i am not after reason just wondering what will be the chances of getting visa as i already spent almost 7 years in uk.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:37 am

coke wrote:No i have finished my master degree in august but the thing is that my visa finished date and course start date is more than 28 days so that could be one reason.
Yes it is.
coke wrote:i am not after reason just wondering what will be the chances of getting visa as i already spent almost 7 years in uk.
An application to study a PhD is not subject to any time limit (cap), unless you have already completed a Research Masters Degree as defined on page 90-91 of the Tier 4 Policy Guidance, in which case the cap is 8 years.