ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel rules Canada PR

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ravs9
Newly Registered

Travel rules Canada PR

Post by ravs9 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

My sister would travel from India to Canada- Toronto, as she got her PR through Express entry recently.
I would like to know if she can stop at UK ( break her journey) on Visitor in Transit visa. Is there any legal rule which says that If you are travelling to Canada on PR you cannot break the journey, and stop else where?

Please share the links if you can so that I can be sure I have read it properly.

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel rules Canada PR

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Is there any legal rule which says that If you are travelling to Canada on PR you cannot break the journey, and stop else where?
No. She will need a visit visa if she wants to enter the UK though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ravs9
Newly Registered

Post by ravs9 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks for your reply. I understand she needs a transit visa.
Any thing else to share on this. I was actually looking for something like landing/ journey / stopover rules, something official to read. i have tried searching but could not find it.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 am

A 30 second search on Google- UK Transit visa - https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:39 am

ravs9 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I understand she needs a transit visa.
Any thing else to share on this. I was actually looking for something like landing/ journey / stopover rules, something official to read. i have tried searching but could not find it.

Thanks
There is no such thing. People all over the world travel via other cities to get the best airfares. A single country immigration service/government cannot dictate how people fly from point A to point B. Perhaps you are overthinking thinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:48 am

How long does your sister want to spend in the UK on her way to Canada? The maximum on a transit visa is 48 hours.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dhavalkuhadiya

Post by Dhavalkuhadiya » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:54 am

Hi,

Could your sister can help to clear some doubts about Express entry application.

thanks