ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding job with COA-Certificate of Application for EEA(FM)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alexia
Newly Registered

Finding job with COA-Certificate of Application for EEA(FM)

Post by alexia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Hello guys,

I would appreciate very much if you could share your experience regarding getting a job with COA-Certificate of Application for EEA (FM) Residence card. Are the potential employers open to offering jobs on basis of COA or in reality they prefer that you already have Residence Card issued?

Thank you.

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Finding job with COA-Certificate of Application for EEA(

Post by ohara » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:51 am

Employers should not discriminate. Have a look at the Home Office published guide on acceptable right to work documents - CoA is right there on page 18.

alexia
Newly Registered

Post by alexia » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Thank you ohara very much for the link. I have some interviews lined up, so let's hope for the best. Also earlier today, I went with my COA to the HR Dept.of one multinational company where I've successfully passed all the interviews and tests before I made my EEA(FM) application, and the HR lady was looking at the COA like it is something weird and said she hasn't seen anything like this. Sometimes I really don't know if I should cry or laugh or both?! :-)

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:01 am

Yes, I got my first job in 2010 with COA.

You may need to educate them HR, few of them
Know what to do. If they have any doubt , they can phone HO

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:11 am

alexia wrote:Thank you ohara very much for the link. I have some interviews lined up, so let's hope for the best. Also earlier today, I went with my COA to the HR Dept.of one multinational company where I've successfully passed all the interviews and tests before I made my EEA(FM) application, and the HR lady was looking at the COA like it is something weird and said she hasn't seen anything like this. Sometimes I really don't know if I should cry or laugh or both?! :-)
One day you will be able to laugh about all this.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.