ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Login problems

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chickpea1
Newly Registered

Login problems

Post by chickpea1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Hello,
I can't see any forum this "belongs" in and I have read all the FAQs about my issue and it appears unresolvable from my end.

This is a new username because my old username login will not work. I've tried on a few browsers. I've read the FAQs and followed suggestions without success.

The constant error message I get is "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below." I received this on my first login attempt today (after being absent a couple of weeks). So I did the CAPTCHA and got the same error repeatedly. It's not my cookies etc because I've tried various browsers.

I'd really like to be able to use my original login (chickpea). I'm sure I have not abused any rules etc. I hadn't logged in for a couple of weeks and had needed to delete my cache and cookies, which I thought was the problem.

I cannot PM anyone so the only way to resolve is via a forum post! (Or if an admin can somehow re-set my old login?)

Thanks so much!
Chickpea

Casa

Re: Login problems

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:22 pm

I think there's been a blip in the system. I had exactly the same problem and message yesterday, but after inputting the CAPTCHA code displayed, I was able to log-in and it's been fine since.

Were you given the option to say you have forgotten your password, which would have allowed you to re-set it via an email notification?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chickpea17
Newly Registered

Post by chickpea17 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:33 am

Apologies for not replying to the post above. I am the same person now using a THIRD username! I have not logged in since 2016 and tried today. On my FIRST attempt I got the same screen I had before: too many login attempts etc. It gave a CAPTCHA. Like last time I can't login even if I correctly do the CAPTCHA.

Today I tried on three different browsers (two have never logged in here, so should have no cookies set). None worked. I deleted cookies for the immigrationboards site also. STILL can't login. Once again, created a new username.

Can any admin help? I'd really rather login with original name. I am certain I've not abused any rules etc. Just can't login. cookies or not!

chickpea17
Newly Registered

Post by chickpea17 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 am

UPDATE:
After another round of deleting cookies, I clicked on forgot password instead of logging in, as suggested above. That FINALLY let me in. However, it didn't work last time, so not sure exactly what the technical issues might be. It would be great if there was one tech contact listed somewhere for the board!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:46 pm

The board Administrator is currently looking into log-in issues being experienced by some members.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.