ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother in Law - Adult Dependant Relative

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chan0976

Mother in Law - Adult Dependant Relative

Post by chan0976 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:22 am

Hi,

Suggestion is much appreciated.

My Wife is the sole child for my Mother-In-Law (She is a Widower).She has not been keeping well for the past 6 months (Brain Clot) and is finding it difficult to do day to day chores.

She has visited us in 2015 as family visitor and stayed for a little less than 6 months.As part of evidence,we have shown the ties she has for the home country along with the pension she receives.

If I were to make an application as an Adult Dependant Relative are there any chances for the applicaiton to be accepted ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Mother in Law - Adult Dependant Relative

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:26 am

chan0976 wrote:Hi,

Suggestion is much appreciated.

My Wife is the sole child for my Mother-In-Law (She is a Widower).She has not been keeping well for the past 6 months (Brain Clot) and is finding it difficult to do day to day chores.

She has visited us in 2015 as family visitor and stayed for a little less than 6 months.As part of evidence,we have shown the ties she has for the home country along with the pension she receives.

If I were to make an application as an Adult Dependant Relative are there any chances for the applicaiton to be accepted ?
Zero.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:33 am

Very slim to zero. This route to settlement has been virtually closed since the Rules changed in July 2012.

It's not just a case of proving that your MIL needs daily care for simple tasks. You also have to prove that the necessary care either isn't available in her home country, or is unaffordable (for you).

If your MIL applies and is refused it will result in all visitor visa applications also being refused due to the prior intention to settle.

This article by Freemovement explains it well:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/out-with-the-old/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chan0976

Post by chan0976 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks all for the replies