ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refusal on 245zv

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anwesha1330
Newly Registered

Visa refusal on 245zv

Post by Anwesha1330 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Hello,

I posting on behalf of boyfriend case. He returned to pakistan after finishing his course level 5 and 6 form Cambridge regional college. He got CAS from Birmingham city university and applied form home country. His fees was paid some amount he got university scholarship which was mentioned on sponsor note in the CAS. ECO didnt read that and he refused his visa due to lack of money on 26th september 2016. then he submit AR on 28th september and he won and received mail that ECO will contact for further visa processing on 6th of October 2016. They keep on delay for two weeks he missed the last date of enrollment of university. further university write to home office that they will happy accept him on January Intake. on 18th October the ECO called and asked for 4-5 mints interview again. That time he was driving and he didnt got any notice or information he will be interviewed again. ECO took 18mins instead of 5 mints. Then 28th sepetember he received revised refusal notice under 245zv(k) immigration rule. and the points below.
1. You were asked in your interview if you had not considered any other courses and you did not name any. I do not find it credible that when planning to continue your studies in the UK you would not have assessed other options available to you. (But he 100% sure that he named covantry university and ulster university, iwth course name Msc. International business, MA in business management.)
• When asked why you had chosen this particular institute you stated “Friends study there and they invited me to have a look. There are a lot of international students there and the teachers there are very good.” This is a generic answer and does not demonstrate that you have conducted any research in to the benefits of studying at any other institutes and your response indicates your decision is based on the presence of your friends. This lack of research undermines your credibility as a genuine student. (Again he was 100 % sure he answered that I choose that this university they were offering two module togather mac in international business and management and in each department they have special person who gives suggestions on government seminars. Faculties are highly qualified. And I asked the same thing from my friends who are already studying their. The international desk were quick enough to reply.)
• Furthermore when asked what you had been doing since your last course you responded “Since then I returned home and started this application.” Given your course finished in April 2016 I would expect you to be able to provide more details as to what you had been doing other than making this application. ( He answered that I finished my course on April got my degree in July.. By the time my visa was running out so I Came back and Started applying and I visited the university in the mean time.

Now my concern is even if they had given AR chance but solicitors are saying it is not possible to win because this kind call from home office doesn't have any recording to prove. But i think this is totally unfair. Please suggest what we can do.

Thank you

Regards
Anwesha

moongesture
Member of Standing

Re: Visa refusal on 245zv

Post by moongesture » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Have they given him another Admin Review.

Its seems that lack of preparation and/or sudden situation refrain him from providing logical and straightforward answers i.e selection of course and institute (correlated).... this seems normal FAQ's.

In any next application, (if needed) a cover note with detailed answers about above question should be include.