ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when can I apply for spouse extension visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashrafman

when can I apply for spouse extension visa

Post by ashrafman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:45 am

Hello every one,

Thank you for your helps.

my wife has a 33 months spouse visa started in 23 Jun 2014 first entry to UK is 19th September 2014 visa expire in 23 March 2017,
I would like to book the premium service and I don't know in which date can I apply?
because I don't want the extension visa to be expired before my wife complete the 5 Years.
second question is how many months the extension visa will be valid? will it be 33 months same the first visa?

any helpe.
thank you

vinny

Re: when can I apply for spouse extension visa

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:47 am

She may apply between 19 March 2017 and 22 March 2017.

They may grant leave for thirty months under D-LTRP.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ashrafman

Post by ashrafman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi vinny,

thank you for your reply.
what about if I applied 28 Days before the visa expired, because i don't want to book just 2 days before the visa expire in case if She get refused or missing document and will not have enough time to prepare it.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:29 am

Also possible.
Appendix FM 1.0a wrote:10.1.3
Where an applicant has extant leave as a partner at the date of application, any period of extant leave, up to a maximum of 28 days, will be added to the period of leave that they are being granted under paragraph D-LTRP.1.1. An applicant with extant leave in this scenario will therefore be granted a period of leave slightly in excess of 30 months.
If an applicant granted leave to remain as a partner is receiving their first grant of limited leave on that 5-year route (rather than their second grant following an earlier grant of entry clearance or leave to remain as a partner under Appendix FM), the applicant should be advised they will in due course need to make an application for further leave to remain as a partner of 30 months. They should make that application no more than 28 days before their extant leave is due to expire, or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave. They may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing 60 months (5 years) in the UK with leave to remain as a partner.
Family life (as a partner or parent), private life and exceptional circumstances wrote:Where an applicant currently has extant leave to enter or remain as a partner under Appendix FM at the date of application (excluding a grant of limited leave to remain as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner), that period of extant leave, up to a maximum of 28 days, will be added to the period of leave to remain that they are being granted as a partner. An applicant with extant leave in this scenario will therefore be granted a period of leave to remain as a partner slightly in excess of 30 months. A person who applies more than 28 days before their leave is due to expire or they have completed the relevant qualifying period may not meet the requirement to have completed at least 60 or 120 months in the UK with relevant leave to remain in order to apply to settle and may instead need to apply for a further period of limited leave.
Statement of changes to the Immigration Rules: HC693, 16 October 2014
186.In Appendix FM after paragraph GEN.1.12. insert:
GEN.1.13. For the purposes of paragraphs D-LTRP.1.1., D-LTRP.1.2., D­ ILRP.1.2., D-LTRPT.1.1., D-LTRPT.1.2., and D-ILRPT.1.2. (excluding a grant of limited leave to remain as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner), where the applicant has extant leave at the date of application, the remaining period of that extant leave up to a maximum of 28 days will be added to the period of limited leave to remain granted under that paragraph (which may therefore exceed 30 months).”.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.