ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish C-Visa Judicial Review decision published

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Irish C-Visa Judicial Review decision published

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Jawshan wrote: Obie can you please response to my main question.

What the hell is the impact of this bloody high court decision on other pending applications other than Atif's family application???????? :x :x
I really don't understand why don't people ask for opinion politely...
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:52 pm

UKBALoveStory wrote:

What the hell is the impact of this bloody high court decision on other pending applications other than Atif's family application???????? :x :x
Whenever you ask abou Car and get the answer about the plane

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:26 am

UKBALoveStory wrote:

Shooting the messenger perhaps!

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello Guys, sorry for everything.
I have question and I requested to you all and hope you have any idea about it.
Up to when the State have to appeal against Irish High Court Decision, I heard that they have to appeal up to 1th Nevember, is It True?
Regards

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:51 pm

The decision is only for those 2 applicants, that is my opinion. There is still 10.000 application waiting.
You think Ireland will be the cool guy and suddenly accept 10.000 visas...no way.
Did u read the 70 pages published about the decision? The have their reasons, but mostly protecting the CTA as much as they can, it will be an awkward situation already when UK leaves the EU, and as everyone knows UK is totally against any form of immigration.

There is no other way but to get the Schengen visa and using eu freedom movement somehow get back here, dont wait for the Irish visa, it wont happen.

Sidrameez991
Pakistan

Post by Sidrameez991 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:29 pm

jul1 wrote:The decision is only for those 2 applicants, that is my opinion. There is still 10.000 application waiting.
You think Ireland will be the cool guy and suddenly accept 10.000 visas...no way.
Did u read the 70 pages published about the decision? The have their reasons, but mostly protecting the CTA as much as they can, it will be an awkward situation already when UK leaves the EU, and as everyone knows UK is totally against any form of immigration.

There is no other way but to get the Schengen visa and using eu freedom movement somehow get back here, dont wait for the Irish visa, it wont happen.
Hi
What is Schengen visa?? Can u plz tell me. I heard that decision for 2 peoples will effect all the applications n hopefull they will process soon.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:24 pm

jul1 wrote:There is no other way but to get the Schengen visa and using eu freedom movement somehow get back here, dont wait for the Irish visa, it wont happen.
Ireland is not in the Schengen zone :!:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Sidrameez991 wrote: Hi
What is Schengen visa?? Can u plz tell me. I heard that decision for 2 peoples will effect all the applications n hopefull they will process soon.
1- Schengen Visa is for schengen zone countries, such as Germany, France, Itely, Malta...etc check out in google for full list of schengen zone countries.

2- Irish High Court Decision on Join EU Family accompany Process delay is only on behalf of Atif Mahmood and Shabina Atif Case but as that Case was a test case so it has important impact on all other 7000 pending applications. I can not say that state will process all 7000 applications in 6 weeks but I am sure if state recieve the Court order The process will be faster for all Join/Acc Eu Citizen Visa applications specially for qualifying Family Members of EU Citizens.

Does anyone know if state appealed or not? As Sinnott Solicitors said that state has time to appeal until 1th November.

Sidrameez991
Pakistan

Post by Sidrameez991 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:41 pm

Jawshan wrote:
1- Schengen Visa is for schengen zone countries, such as Germany, France, Itely, Malta...etc check out in google for full list of schengen zone countries.

2- Irish High Court Decision on Join EU Family accompany Process delay is only on behalf of Atif Mahmood and Shabina Atif Case but as that Case was a test case so it has important impact on all other 7000 pending applications. I can not say that state will process all 7000 applications in 6 weeks but I am sure if state recieve the Court order The process will be faster for all Join/Acc Eu Citizen Visa applications specially for qualifying Family Members of EU Citizens.

Does anyone know if state appealed or not? As Sinnott Solicitors said that state has time to appeal until 1th November.
Thanks Jawshan.
I have also heard the same. I emailed sinnot solicitors they told me the same. Am qouting their reply

"I am sorry to hear about the delay in processing the visa application. This is not uncommon at present, there are huge delays in the processing of applications in the visa offices and well over 12 months for certain countries such as Pakistan, India etc.

We have had to take a significant number of cases to the High Court recently to compel the visa office to issue decisions on peoples applications. The High Court directed that two of our cases be heard as test cases on the point to determine how long the visa office may take to issue a decision on an application.

A judgment was delivered in the first test case on the 14th of October (Atif & Ors v Minister for Justice and Equality) with the judge ordering that a decision be issued on the case within six weeks of the court order. The case was adjourned until the 1st of November in order for the Minister for Justice to consider whether they wish to appeal the judgment. We will not know whether she will appeal the judgment until after the 1st of November however we are satisfied that there is no legal basis to do so.

This case is an important precedent for the thousands of applicants who have outstanding visa applications waiting to be processed in the visa office."

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:51 pm

noajthan wrote:
jul1 wrote:There is no other way but to get the Schengen visa and using eu freedom movement somehow get back here, dont wait for the Irish visa, it wont happen.
Ireland is not in the Schengen zone :!:

Of course, what i meant is the first step to get in one of the EU countries, and then either try to to go to UK (ferry or train) then from UK to Ireland, or go for the article 10 card.
We are doing this way, my wife is already here in my Schengen country, we applied for the local resident card cause the local immigration rules are pretty relaxed, and then we move to another EU country where im not a citizen to get the article10 card, for us Spain will be the solution based on self-sufficiency.
I was thinking to go to UK by ferry but it has its risk, if she is declined she will be stamped in the passport, and updated in their system that she was declined, and if they are b*tch they can even contact visa/resident card issuing country that the person was trying to enter UK without visa, so so far im going with the article 10 card based on self-suffiency and CSI, and dont care anymore, i will move between countries to get around st**id Ireland visa issuing practice, even though this way complicated and expensive, for me it is still better than wait endlessly or sue the visa office.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Jawshan wrote:

Im following this ridiculous visa hassle story for more than a year now, just the read the 70 pages published by Sinnott Solicitors, the visa office argument is just ridiculous, maybe there is some terrorist threat and some scam marriages but to delay ALL application that much is non-sense. Sinnott noted that eu treaty rights visa takes the LONGEST to decide in Ireland, literally beating ALL other visa types.
Visa office was still arguing that the EU citizen has to first establish themselves and THEN the non-EU spouse can join them which unbelievable, this was NEVER a requirement, and of course they know this but still using it as an argument on the court.
If anyone thinks that the visa office will be processing eu treaty rights visas faster after this court ruling, i warn you all, you are daydreaming!

That is the sad reality, the Irish visa office can afford to operate that ridiculously.

I dont know how much Ireland wants to have a good relation with UK, but that is the first time i can actually believe that Ireland can move out of the EU as well in 5-10 years, just to get rid of the EU freedom of movement, following its big buddy, UK.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:29 pm

and one more thing if some one wants to try to go to UK with only a Schengen visa and EU directive (traveling without visa).

Eventually my wife will become an Irish citizen, of course, being in EU and not having EU citizenship is always worrying as you dont have rights on your own.
The EU can force countries to accept freedom of movement and issue the article 10 card, and after 5 years the article 20 permanent resident card, but this is how far EU can reach. They cant and wont be able to tell or force countries to give citizenship to anyone.

One of the requirement is to be a good character, and travailing without visa even though you have the right to travel with your spouse if it will be registered somehow it could hit you back when applying for citizenship. When you can find many people with small traffic offense causing them years of delay in the citizenship process - again, ridiculous - for me it is better to go on the smoother way.

I assume that when UK leaves the EU Irish citizens will still have the privilege to work in UK without work permit. So with freedom of movement it will be possible to get Irish citizenship and then go to UK, what UK clearly doesnt want, than it is not them who controls immigration. Ireland either has to be strict about immigration and giving out citizenship, or they have to fully integrate into EU and the Schengen zone. And i think Ireland will go along with the big buddy.

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:31 am

Hello Jul1
Thanks for the information, but how can you say for sure that the Court Decision is zero Value fot Department? If you have any Experience that in any EU country, state did not followed the court order please share it with us.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:28 am

I said it is my opinion seeing what is going on.

Read the court rule, it never mentions that the visa office has to change their practice from now on, they just simply ruled for that specific couple who sued the visa office.
There is no rule or law that this ruling HAS to be used for anyone, the court ruling just typically changing the practince in general cause judges are updating themselves with new ruling, but no one ever said they HAVE to do that, unless there is an actual force coming from EU which would change the law.

In this ruling i did not see any forcing power that the practice must be changed, i any one can correct me about this please share your information.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:33 pm

What you said above is simply wrong . If you understand law, then you will appreciate the concept of a binding precedent.

The court interprets the law and the regulations, and said the delay is inconsistent with the Directive and Ireland's regulation that seeks to give effect to it.

Therefore if not appealed, other affected parties can use it as a binding or persuasive precedent for other cases.

An affected person can also sue the department for contempt of court, as the court has interpreted what the Law of the land should be.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:26 pm

The key over here is
Therefore if not appealed,
, Any update/idea about this?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Obie wrote:
Therefore if not appealed, other affected parties can use it as a binding or persuasive precedent for other cases.
That means if i sue the visa office i can point out this decision, and likely i will win the case, but for that i have to sue the visa office, wait months or over a year, pay the legal fees..., is this possible/worth for all 10.000 applicants? No. Especially when the court stops applicants from suing the office, like this year February.

Also, im not a solicitor but concerning eu treaty rights and ECJ ruling there was some controversial ruling over the years, where one decision goes against the other, so which one to follow? What are the rules about following a recent court decision?

But the biggest question is that, if the visa office was working "unlawfully", trying to use every ridiculous way and argument to slow the processing time what will stop them to keep continuing this practice? With the new ruling they will figure out new different ridiculous ways to do the same.

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:01 am

Hello all
Samar Winter Says
He talked with sinnott Solicitors about the decision of Irish High Court on EUTR Visa Delays. Sinnott Solicitor told him that the State took another 10 days to think about appeal. So everyone have to wait till 11th Nevember.

:oops: :evil:
Up to now I didn't vote for Protest But I have to god damn with this Francis Fetzgerald

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Any Good News about Irish High Court Decision..? It's 11th Nevember and still state did not appealed so there must be good news...?

hussain252

Post by hussain252 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:12 pm

hey... anyone have any news about the high court decision? has the Irish MOJ appealed or not?

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:38 pm

We were informed last Friday that the state are appealing the decision of the High court to the Court of Appeal.

Once it is lodged, it will most likely be approximately one year or so before the case is heard before the Court of Appeal due to waiting lists.

Sidrameez991
Pakistan

Post by Sidrameez991 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Jawshan wrote:We were informed last Friday that the state are appealing the decision of the High court to the Court of Appeal.

Once it is lodged, it will most likely be approximately one year or so before the case is heard before the Court of Appeal due to waiting lists.
Why it will take 1 year to heard the case before the court of Appeal?? It means our visa applications will process after 1 year??

Jawshan

Post by Jawshan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:00 pm

No! They are Processing The Visa applications but slow, and if they wait for the court then Supreme Court usually takes years, maybe 2 years or 3 years to resolve a case.

Sidrameez991
Pakistan

Post by Sidrameez991 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Jawshan wrote:No! They are Processing The Visa applications but slow, and if they wait for the court then Supreme Court usually takes years, maybe 2 years or 3 years to resolve a case.
I dont think they are processing those 7000 applications. They are processing new ones. We should ask them to return passport n go for another way. What u say?