ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please for EU Spouse Visa for Ireland and cover letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BSEVER
Newly Registered

Help please for EU Spouse Visa for Ireland and cover letter

Post by BSEVER » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:23 am

Hi everbody,
I need help for my visa situtation. Unfortunately neither Turkey Consulate of Ireland nor VFS agency give clear information, I could'nt find respondent until now. :(

My husband is EU citizen and live in Ireland since August 2016, He use free movement right. I am going to join him. But we dont know how we begin process. As you know there are two type of visa; long term join family visa for EU spouse and short c visa. Lots of sources mention that join family visa takes long time and short c is a better and quicker way. Is that true?

Secondly for short c visa, do I need apply to visit tourist type? it is important because I try to figure out the required documents basen on visa type. And lastly and more importantly when I apply short C visa, Do I need to mention my husband situtation ( he use free movement right in Ireland, I going to come Ireland to join him etc.) on my application cover letter/statement? Could you give me any advise what I should state in application statement/cover letter?
Thank you for your help and support

ijjlian

Re: Help please for EU Spouse Visa for Ireland and cover let

Post by ijjlian » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:27 pm

I just did some research regarding the EU spouse visa processing time in this forum and on formal Irish sources (incl emails with the authority).

One of the forum admins posted useful links.

You can see the timelines here:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Cu ... sing_Times

There seems to be problems with processing times of EU spouse visas, and there seems to be a huge back log.
See the thread below:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 78-60.html

I am not sure whether you can actually apply for a short term visit visa. Pleae check with more experience forum members.

BSEVER
Newly Registered

Post by BSEVER » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:24 am

Thank you ijjlian,

Yes unfortunately there is a problem EU spouse visa processing time and no clear explanation.
INIS web site says that "You can apply for a single journey short-stay C visa which will permit you to enter and reside in the State for up to 3 months." for Family members of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens seeking to reply on Directive 2004/38/EC on http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens
However when I call a consulate of Ireland in Turkey, they say that it should be D visa (Join family). I am really confused :(

I will be grateful if anyone share his/her thoughts.
Thank you

ijjlian

Post by ijjlian » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:32 pm

I am unfortunately not informed about the difference between "Join Spouse", type D visa and the EEA Type C visa.

I am wondering whether other more experienced can help you with that.

I would recommend you to seek advice before applying.