ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ire8
Newly Registered

Advice needed

Post by Ire8 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking for advice as I've been researching ed this for quite some time now and still none the wiser. A lot of websites have conflicting information so if anyone could shed any light it would be much appreciated.

I'm Irish, I live and work full time in the uk. My girlfriend is Israeli and lives and works full time in Israel. She's 21. She would like to come study and work in either the uk or Ireland but she doesn't have the highest grades from school, and has no qualifications.

What is our best approach for this? From what i have read, my salary covers the cost for me to sponsor her.. how does this route work and would this be the best route to take with the lack of skills etc.

Any input or advice would be very much appreciated.

noajthan

Re: Advice needed

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Ire8 wrote:Hi there,

I'm looking for advice as I've been researching ed this for quite some time now and still none the wiser. A lot of websites have conflicting information so if anyone could shed any light it would be much appreciated.

I'm Irish, I live and work full time in the uk. My girlfriend is Israeli and lives and works full time in Israel. She's 21. She would like to come study and work in either the uk or Ireland but she doesn't have the highest grades from school, and has no qualifications.

What is our best approach for this? From what i have read, my salary covers the cost for me to sponsor her.. how does this route work and would this be the best route to take with the lack of skills etc.

Any input or advice would be very much appreciated.
You can't sponsor someone on Tier 2 or Tier 4 visa - they have to apply in own right.
This will not be appropriate with no higher education qualifications or aspirations. And study fees for international students are high.

Or do you mean sponsor on EU migration route?
Are you purely Irish or are you a dual national?
There is no bf/gf type solution - are you in a relationship akin to marriage? can you prove it (2 years+)?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ire8
Newly Registered

Post by Ire8 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Hey,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

I'm purely Irish, but been living in the uk for 5 years. I can go back to Ireland if somehow this would all be easier there. We do want to get married, but obviously it seems kind of impossible right now. We don't really have proof either other than plane tickets or emails I guess but I don't think we would have for that long. I knew it was a long shot but just wanted to see if there was any options or something I was missing.

Thanks again for your response, and excuse my lack of knowledge in this.. genuinely have no clue about immigration unfortunately.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Ire8 wrote:Hey,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

I'm purely Irish, but been living in the uk for 5 years. I can go back to Ireland if somehow this would all be easier there. We do want to get married, but obviously it seems kind of impossible right now. We don't really have proof either other than plane tickets or emails I guess but I don't think we would have for that long. I knew it was a long shot but just wanted to see if there was any options or something I was missing.

Thanks again for your response, and excuse my lack of knowledge in this.. genuinely have no clue about immigration unfortunately.
There's no problem with asking questions - how else would anyone learn, as my old granny used to say.

You can always look at Irish domestic migration route. Probably depends on marriage though.

EU migration route into UK would open up if you were married. But naturally you need better reason than that to tie the knot.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Looks like marriage is the only option to me, Ireland doesn't even like divorce let alone unmarried partners!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....