ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum Passport Validity requirement for travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KanSingh
Newly Registered

Minimum Passport Validity requirement for travel

Post by KanSingh » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:35 pm

My nephew (12 years old) is travelling from Amritsar (India) to London Heathrow (UK) from 18th Dec 2016 to 3rd Jan 2017. His passport expires on 6th Feb 2017. I was trying to book his plane ticket earlier and the travel agent & some of the airlines informed me that he won't be able to travel because he doesn't have passport valid for at least 6 months. Please note that he holds a valid visa until May 2017. Any advise please?

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Minimum Passport Validity requirement for travel

Post by ohara » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Which airlines? As far as I know, the UK doesn't impose any minimum passport validity for visitors as long as it is valid for the duration of the stay. None of this 30 days or 6 months nonsense.