ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many times can I apply for a tier 5 with same sponsor?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pat1983
Newly Registered

How many times can I apply for a tier 5 with same sponsor?

Post by Pat1983 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:19 am

Hi, I am under a tier 5 (creative) which is gonna expire in January. The first time I applied, I stayed for only 3 months and then went back to my country (Brazil) to extend for one more year. After that, I made an extension in Uk for one more year. Total of 2 yrs and 3 months I have been on a tier 5. My sponsor just request me a new COs, they want me here for one year. Is it possible I can apply for one more year (outside the UK) with same sponsor? thanks

noajthan

Re: How many times can I apply for a tier 5 with same sponso

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Pat1983 wrote:Hi, I am under a tier 5 (creative) which is gonna expire in January. The first time I applied, I stayed for only 3 months and then went back to my country (Brazil) to extend for one more year. After that, I made an extension in Uk for one more year. Total of 2 yrs and 3 months I have been on a tier 5. My sponsor just request me a new COs, they want me here for one year. Is it possible I can apply for one more year (outside the UK) with same sponsor? thanks
You can always apply.
Success is not guaranteed.
... extend a migrant ’s permission to stay up to the maximum time allowed under the relevant tier and/or sub category
See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v1.2.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

The Station Agent

Re: How many times can I apply for a tier 5 with same sponso

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm

It would be more likely to succeed if there was a gap between the CoS / visas. 2 years is the max with one sponsor in the rules on extending; because Tier 5 does not lead to settlement and is meant to be temporary. When you get these 12 month visas are you based here; or do you just come in and out (like a model on shows / assignments)?