ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kalmefrnd

OCI application

Post by kalmefrnd » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:28 am

Hi,
I am preparing my OCI application. I came across, that we need to submit 2 sets of application and documents separately. So how many photographs do I need to submit. 2 or 4 ?
Can someone please help me clear this doubt.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepa

megatop

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by megatop » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:18 pm

I submitted on the 1st of December and I had to give only 2 photos.

Actually only one application form is taken by them. In my case the photo on the other application form was removed and pasted to the first application.

Karthik

kalmefrnd

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by kalmefrnd » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:31 am

Hi,
Can someone please tell me what is this proof of Indian origin. I got married in India. So can I submit the marriage certificate as the proof of Indian origin?
Do I need to provide the original British passport or just the copy of it?
Someone who can guide me with this, it would be great
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Deepa

geriatrix

Re: OCI application

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:30 pm

1. On what basis do you qualify fo OCI? A former Indian citizen? If so, then surrender certificate is the proof of Indian origin. If not, answer how you qualify.
2. The passport will be returned to you by VFS on the day of the application ... and only the self-attested copy of it retained.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kalmefrnd

Re: OCI DOCUMENTS UPLOAD

Post by kalmefrnd » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:59 am

Hi,
I need some help in arranging the documents for OCI.

For the proof of Indian origin, which are the following below mentioned documents I will have to submit?
1) Marriage certificate
2) Cancelled Indian passport
3) School leaving certificate - In case of school leaving certificate whether it should be 10th , 12th or graduation certificate ( I do not have one )?

Also please do assist me in how do I upload my photo and signature as per the OCI requirement.

thanks in advance.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:11 pm

I am an Indian Origin, got Naturalisation and for British passport. I now need to apply for OCI. My husband already has OCI which he got in 2011. He is an Indian origin too. in this case,
1) do i apply OCI as my husband s dependant?
2) is their any other document other than surrender certificate that I need to submit for the proof of Indian origin like marriage certificate or school leaving certificate.

3) regarding A4 size envelopes -

As per the VFS Global website, we need to submit 2 A4 size envelops when we apply for OCI.
one envelope is to return the original documents.
a) do they return the Original British passport along with the documents?
b) One the online status says that the OCI received in London, do we have to go in person to the embassy to get the passport stamped? do we get the OCI card in hand or by post? why do we need to submit the 2nd envelope for.

I might look bit silly to ask such few questions. but I really need to clear my doubts.

Please someone help me
Deepa

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:12 pm

I am an Indian Origin, got Naturalisation and for British passport. I now need to apply for OCI. My husband already has OCI which he got in 2011. He is an Indian origin too. in this case,
1) do i apply OCI as my husband s dependant?
2) is their any other document other than surrender certificate that I need to submit for the proof of Indian origin like marriage certificate or school leaving certificate.

As per the VFS Global website, we need to submit 2 A4 size envelops when we apply for OCI.
a) do they return the Original British passport along with the documents?
b) One the online status says that the OCI received in London, do we have to go in person to the embassy to get the passport stamped? do we get the OCI card in hand or by post? why do we need to submit the 2nd envelope for.

I might look bit silly to ask such few questions. but I really need to clear my doubts.

Please someone help me

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:42 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:I am an Indian Origin, got Naturalisation and for British passport. I now need to apply for OCI. My husband already has OCI which he got in 2011. He is an Indian origin too. in this case,
1) do i apply OCI as my husband s dependant? Not required as you yourself are an Indian by birth.
Even If your are not applying as spouse of OCI holder, Just keep a marriage cert as a backup doc. They might ask for it.

a) do they return the Original British passport along with the documents? Yes, its returned, you need to submit them when you make a visit next time (as per point b below)
b) One the online status says that the OCI received in London, do we have to go in person to the embassy to get the passport stamped? do we get the OCI card in hand or by post? why do we need to submit the 2nd envelope for. (Yes, upon status change, you need to go to VFS again where they will take your original British passport/naturalisation certificate ) . You will then recieve all docs in 2 separate posts (royal mail/dfx). One of original brit passport&cert and other for OCI card

Please someone help me

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Thank you. The information was really useful

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:59 am

Hi, I got my OCI in April 2015. I am travelling to India in 2 weeks time now. I recently came across this while checking my husbands passport. He got his oci in 2013. When he received, along with the blue oci card, the life long visa is also been stampped on the British passport. But when I checked for the same in my passport, it's not stampped. But I have received the OCI card. Is this something to worry about? Please can someone help me with this. Thank you
Deepa

rmukherjee

Post by rmukherjee » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:57 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Hi, I got my OCI in April 2015. I am travelling to India in 2 weeks time now. I recently came across this while checking my husbands passport. He got his oci in 2013. When he received, along with the blue oci card, the life long visa is also been stampped on the British passport. But when I checked for the same in my passport, it's not stampped. But I have received the OCI card. Is this something to worry about? Please can someone help me with this. Thank you
The system of stamping the passport for OCI was removed 1-2 years ago. Generally, if you have the booklet and the appropriate passport, it is fine.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Thank you very much.
Deepa