ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum while waiting for FBR? (South Africans)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ScaredSh*tless
Newly Registered

Asylum while waiting for FBR? (South Africans)

Post by ScaredSh*tless » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:13 am

We live in South Africa which, as far as we are concerned, is on the brink of a civil war where any white people will be at a BIG disadvantage.

We want to register my wife on the FBR so that she can get her Irish passport and we can all move to Ireland.

The problem here is that the MINIMUM waiting period for doing it through the South African based Irish embassy is 24 months.

We finally, after a wait of more than 3 years, have all the certificates needed to register her on the FBR.

My question is; would it be possible for us to travel to ireland and do the process in Ireland? Or does it have to be done from the country of your birth?

What is the time period of registering on the FBR from within ireland? (We do not need a visa and could get 3 months visitor visa when we enter the country)

If it is not possible, could we travel as asylum seekers and then do the process from within Ireland?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Asylum while waiting for FBR? (South Africans)

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:17 am

ScaredSh*tless wrote:could we travel as asylum seekers?
No, you cannot claim asylum as a South African. SA is not on the 'danger/high risk' list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ScaredSh*tless
Newly Registered

Post by ScaredSh*tless » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:21 pm

CR001 wrote: No, you cannot claim asylum as a South African. SA is not on the 'danger/high risk' list.
Yes, unfortunately I dont agree with you and I promise you white people in South AFrica also do not agree with that :( All you have to do is google White genocide in South Africa to see what we mean.

http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html "Genocide Watch returns South Africa to stage 5 “polarization” on its Countries at Risk Chart."

on top of the fact that we are one of the 7 most dangerous countries to visit in the world. I also understand that this won't help us in the long run.

Do you perhaps have any insight into my other questions? Would it be possible for us to travel to ireland and do the process of registering on the FBR in Ireland? Or does it have to be done from the country of your birth?

What is the time period of registering on the FBR from within ireland? (We do not need a visa and could get 3 months visitor visa when we enter the country)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:52 pm

INIS website doesn't say you have to apply from country of birth or country of long-term residence.
(There may ofcourse be more detailed guidance or requirements elsewhere).

It does say it may take 6 months to process FBR (even for residents in UK, for example).
Be aware there's a bit of a Brexit-related rush in applications just now.

Is there any other relatively safer country you can go to in meantime?

Some S. and Central American/Caribbean countries grant visafree access for up to 6 months. Not sure how feasible that may be?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:46 pm

ScaredSh*tless wrote:Yes, unfortunately I dont agree with you and I promise you white people in South AFrica also do not agree with that :( All you have to do is google White genocide in South Africa to see what we mean.
I am a white South African, living in the UK, with all my family still in SA, so do read the SA newspapers and keep up to date with things. You still won't qualify for asylum, at this stage.

Who in your wife's family is the Irish descent from?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ScaredSh*tless
Newly Registered

Post by ScaredSh*tless » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:25 pm

The only other country that would be open to us, I'm guessing, would be UK as my wife's father, and most of her extended family, now resides there. But that is also out of the question as we would need visas now to enter the UK.

Thank you for the list, we will go through that and see if it is an avenue open to us.
Politically it is very scary in SA at the moment. I was accosted at a traffic light last Tuesday by a 'window washer' (used in the loosest of terms) who told me he knows where we live, my house will be his house, and he will be doing what Malema told him to do which is rape my wife and use our children's blood as garden fertilizer.

I have also been in an armed robbery, an armed home invasion where they kept me hostage for over 6 hours, i can keep on and on. I was also told yesterday that us whites are visitors in Africa and because of that we must 'behave ourselves' ... Malema is inciting violence with the youth, it is becoming very dangerous here.

She will be claiming citizenship through her paternal grandfather who was born in Ireland.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 pm

What is her father's route to immigrating to the UK?

Does your wife have any UK born grandparents? If so, Ancestry visa is the quickest way you could leave SA if you meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:45 pm

You could keep an eye on this topic for any helpful insights into FBR:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 14839.html

Good luck.

ScaredSh*tless
Newly Registered

Post by ScaredSh*tless » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:00 am

Thank you so much for all the replies and help.

My wife's father went over to the UK in 1982 and got his Irish passport then (after she was born) due to his father being born in ireland. He has lived in the UK since then, on his Irish passport and has never actually resided in Ireland.

Her maternal grandfather was from Finland, but her mother was adopted by a South African man very early in life.

unfortunately i don't think an ancestral visa would be open to us.

P.S. We had an attempted robbery last night again, the dogs chased them off but not before they got away with some very expensive sporting goods. :( My heart is bleeding for my country, but we CANNOT stay here and bring up our children.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:58 am

ScaredSh*tless wrote:Thank you so much for all the replies and help.

My wife's father went over to the UK in 1982 and got his Irish passport then (after she was born) due to his father being born in ireland. He has lived in the UK since then, on his Irish passport and has never actually resided in Ireland.
I'm not familiar with FBR but suggest double or triple-checking eligibility; can a child born before a relative became Irish then apply for FBR?

More folks' experiences here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 56504.html

Wavey

Post by Wavey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:47 am

noajthan wrote:
ScaredSh*tless wrote:Thank you so much for all the replies and help.

I'm not familiar with FBR but suggest double or triple-checking eligibility; can a child born before a relative became Irish then apply for FBR?

More folks' experiences here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 56504.html
Short answer yes.

If the wife's GRANDFATHER was born on the island of Ireland her FATHER was automatically an Irish citizen henceforth she would be eligible under dependancy laws to apply for citizenship via the FBR.

If however it was her GREAT GRANDFATHER and her FATHER obtained citizenship AFTER she was born then her claim of citizenship would be denied and she would not be entered on the FBR.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:00 pm

That's clearer, thanks Wavey.

ScaredSh*tless
Newly Registered

Post by ScaredSh*tless » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Thanks everyone.

She is definitely eligible as it is her Grandfather that was born in ireland, she has to register on the FBR though as her father got his citizenship and passport after her birth and not before.

The biggest issue for us right now is just the time line. But with SA being in such a bad way, and of course BREXIT, it seems that there is no way to actually fast track this.

If anyone has any ideas of a way that it could be fast tracked it would be great!

Once again, thank you everyone for your help and replies :)

*edited* P.S. I keep looking for the 'like' button! :lol:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Any prospect of respite in S.America/Caribbean?

Wavey

Post by Wavey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:45 pm

ScaredSh*tless wrote:Thanks everyone.

She is definitely eligible as it is her Grandfather that was born in ireland, she has to register on the FBR though as her father got his citizenship and passport after her birth and not before.

The biggest issue for us right now is just the time line. But with SA being in such a bad way, and of course BREXIT, it seems that there is no way to actually fast track this.

If anyone has any ideas of a way that it could be fast tracked it would be great!

Once again, thank you everyone for your help and replies :)

*edited* P.S. I keep looking for the 'like' button! :lol:
Evening

Unfortunately it is not possible for a fast track of placement in the FBR.

Your embassy will also not tell you where in the queue your application is.

At best they will tell you the rough time frame it will take without any issues.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Wavey