ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Register for Naturalization for UK Born Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msa2013
Newly Registered

Register for Naturalization for UK Born Child

Post by msa2013 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am using this forum first time. My husband got ILR last month and I am still on dependent visa, I have 3 y/o son for whom we are planning to register him as British Citizen using MN1 form. My son was born before my husband got ILR. I have got 3 questions:

1. I phoned NCS, they asked me to bring Passport Application form along with MN1 form. I am bit confused here as I read in this forum that my son is not yet entitled to British Passport. If you please advise us what documents do we need to take with us on the appointment day?

2. I want to apply for FLR(M) in the meanwhile. Is it possible I can apply for FLR (M) while my son's application is under process?

3. My son's birth certificate address wasn't mentioned in my husband's ILR application as we only lived there for 15-20 days. Will it have any implications?

Kind Regards,
MSA

vinny

Re: Register for Naturalization for UK Born Child

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:14 am

1. Some NCSs offer a joint citizenship and passport application service.

2. There is no requirement for you to switch to FLR(M), unless your husband was granted ILR under Long residence from a PBS category.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

msa2013
Newly Registered

Post by msa2013 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:23 am

Vinny, Thanks so much for your kind help.

1. I am still bit confused about my son's eligibility for applying Passport. As I mentioned in my last post that he was born before my husband got ILR and now we are applying for British Citizenship (using MN1 form in category 1(3)). Should we apply for BC and passport at the same time?

2. Can I apply at same time when my son's application is under processing or I should wait until his application is concluded?

Kind Regards,
MSA

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:30 pm

1. It's your choice.
2. When is your leave expiring?
How long have you been on dependant leave?
Under what category was your husband granted ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

msa2013
Newly Registered

Post by msa2013 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:07 pm

Thank you vinny for your reply.

My husband's last leave to remain was HS Ent (50k) visa. He got his ILR in october 2016 on 10 year LR basis.

I arrived UK in May 2013 on PSW Dependent Visa and my son was born in September 2013. My husband got HS Ent visa in Feb 2015 and I got dependent visa in same month. My visa is going to expire in Feb 2018.

Regards,
MSA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:30 pm

As your husband applied for ILR based on long residence, you should switch to FLR(M) if you meet all the requirements. Your clock towards ILR will be reset and you will be on a new 5 year route to ILR (2 x 2.5 year visas).

Traveling on your existing visa is risky.

See link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Until your son is British, they may expect you to satisfy the extra financial burden for a non-British, non-settled child, when switching to FLR(M).

msa2013
Newly Registered

Post by msa2013 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi Vinny

Thanks for your help.

I have already applied for my son's MN1 and passport using NCS. I am still not clear about my FLR(M) application which I am going to make very soon. Do my husband need to show 18600 income and any maintenance fund?

Kind Regards,
MSA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:00 pm

msa2013 wrote:Hi Vinny

Thanks for your help.

I have already applied for my son's MN1 and passport using NCS. I am still not clear about my FLR(M) application which I am going to make very soon. Do my husband need to show 18600 income and any maintenance fund?

Kind Regards,
MSA
vinny wrote:Until your son is British, they may expect you to satisfy the extra financial burden for a non-British, non-settled child, when switching to FLR(M).
Vinny has already answered your question, click on the links he has provided (underlined words). Your son is not yet British.

No maintenance funds required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.