ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!!No Acknowledgement letter yet and Visa almost Up.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

schema
Newly Registered

Urgent!!No Acknowledgement letter yet and Visa almost Up.

Post by schema » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi guys i am a bit confused here. I made an application for a residence card as a qualifying member of an EU citizen, sent by post on the 2nd of November and arrived in Dublin the next day. I am yet to receive an acknowledgment letter confirming the receipt of my application and my short stay c visa expires on the 16th of November 2016. As i have made an application would my stay be considered as continuing on the short stay visa? or do i need to go over to Dublin to complain as my short stay visa is almost up.. My spouse only just got a job middle of October that is the reason why we just sent the application just recently. Thanks

LeBig
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent!!No Acknowledgement letter yet and Visa almost Up

Post by LeBig » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi Schema,

This is not an issue, keep in mind the letter of acknowledgement arrives like 10/12 weeks after you submitted your application. You are staying here legally through EU freedom of movement law while they are processing your documents, even if your short stay visa has expired..
The only issue that could come up would be if you need to exit Ireland and come back before you get the temporary visa. ( you need it to get the re-entry visa , and then you ll be able to exit/come back to ireland)