ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amakhtar
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by amakhtar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:36 am

thank you Paru for sending me link about vary the application it has increase my knowledgeable but I m confused as they didn't mention how do vary application at premium service ?

paru.org wrote:An applicant can vary an application at any time before a decision is made on it. They can do this if they want to be considered for a grant of leave on a different basis to their initial application.
If the applicant wishes to vary their leave for a purpose where a specified application form is required, they must complete the new form and meet all the requirements of paragraph 34A of the Immigration Rules and the Immigration (Health Charge) Order 2015, for the variation to be valid.
A person who varies their application does not have to pay an additional fee unless the new ground they want to be considered under has a higher fee than their original application. In this case, they must pay the difference between the original fee and the new higher fee.
Page 57 of 136 Guidance – Specified application forms and procedures – version 18 Published for Home Office staff on 18 March 2016: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures
Variation application made following initial application – the applicant will pay the immigration health surcharge with the application. Some, or all of, the surcharge paid with the initial application will be refunded…..: Page 28 of 136 Guidance – Specified application forms and procedures – version 18 Published for Home Office staff on 18 March 2016: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures
One need to fill the current application while applying for any Immigration application on that date .... ((Whoever, booked for Premium before and then need to fill the latest application while applying.... ((Sometime, the Caseworker don't even listen what expressed by the UKVI Customer Advisor.... ((For all Premium booking NO need to fill the Payment section in the application ... just attach the payment confirmation print out ..... ((Please have a look : Specified forms and procedures for applications or claims in connection with immigration : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk
Specified application forms and procedures - Publications - GOV.UK
Modernised guidance for how UK Visas and Immigration considers application forms and procedures for immigration applications and claims.
gov.uk
amakhtar wrote:hi there

i m more or less in the same boat please advise

i came to uk in dec 2006 on student dependent now my husband and kids are British national and now in mid Oct 2016 my current leave to remain was going to expire then i have applied FLR FP but in Nov 2016 i m eligible for ILR LR, as 28 days before we can apply i have book appointment on premium service counter for ILR LR my query is ?

what's the process of vary the application :?: i have try to read notes guidance but its really confusing someone have wrote i have to email them and until i didn't get confirmation letter i can't vary application and other says i have to write letter in post along with application, but in my circumstances i m going to premium service for ILR LR i couldn't find any relevant information for vary the application please advise

and someone told me i m not eligible for premium service as my one application is already with Home office and they can't give any decision on the same day ?

i can understand the circumstance they can't provide decision on the same day but at least they won't take years to reply as my family friend have applied two application and they took 2 years and 4 months ?

please advise me i would be very much thank ful

amakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by amakhtar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:44 am

hi Esther 67
I m not sure about your circumstance but I will share mine I was dependent of Tier 1 Entrepreneur from Oct 2013 got 3 years visa then my husband has got ILR LR in 2014 June and Dec 2015 he was British national but my status was on the same Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa dependant and now in Oct 2016 and I been to my country once and didn't effect my travel as airport immigration counter didn't ask anything hope it helps

Regards

Mrs Amakhtar

teminee wrote:Hi! great forum
Please i have a question. Pardon me for the long post :). I want to apply in April 2017 for ILR through the 10 year long residence. Arrived in 2007 as a dependant to an HSMP applicant, relationship broke down along the line and was refused the extension of my visa. I put in another application through 7 years child consent route was refused. Appealed to the upper tribunal and my appeal was refused because my solicitor was 1 day over the the 28 day given i.e BC expired on 16th of June 2014 and the appeal submitted on 16th of July 2014. I was then sent a letter by the upper tribunal that the matter be withdrawn by consent order and that it will be reviewed and decision reconsidered. I was later granted 30 months leave to remain under the 10 year family route.
OK my question is this, come APRIL 2017 i will have reached 10 years in the country.
Am i still eligible for the 10 years long route application?
Many thanks in advance.
T.

Kabocha
Newly Registered

Post by Kabocha » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:37 pm

My Timeline: UPDATE 

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 22 June 2016
Application Received: Not sure
Payment deducted: 24 June 2016
Acknowledgement letter received : 27 July 2016 (By email to the agency)
BRP letter received : Dated 27 July 2016, received 1 August 2016
BRP Done : 2 August 2016 (will go tomorrow)
ILR received: 29 September 2016

I moved to London in 2000.
I finally can settle in here for good.
Good luck to everyone!

Esther67
Newly Registered

Post by Esther67 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:22 pm

[quote="amakhtar"]hi Esther 67
I m not sure about your circumstance but I will share mine I was dependent of Tier 1 Entrepreneur from Oct 2013 got 3 years visa then my husband has got ILR LR in 2014 June and Dec 2015 he was British national but my status was on the same Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa dependant and now in Oct 2016 and I been to my country once and didn't effect my travel as airport immigration counter didn't ask anything hope it helps

Regards

Mrs Amakhtar

Dear Mrs Amakhtar,

Thank you very much for replying my query. I really appreciate.

Esther67

[quote="teminee"]Hi! great forum
Please i have a question. Pardon me for the long post :). I want to apply in April 2017 for ILR through the 10 year long residence. Arrived in 2007 as a dependant to an HSMP applicant, relationship broke down along the line and was refused the extension of my visa. I put in another application through 7 years child consent route was refused. Appealed to the upper tribunal and my appeal was refused because my solicitor was 1 day over the the 28 day given i.e BC expired on 16th of June 2014 and the appeal submitted on 16th of July 2014. I was then sent a letter by the upper tribunal that the matter be withdrawn by consent order and that it will be reviewed and decision reconsidered. I was later granted 30 months leave to remain under the 10 year family route.
OK my question is this, come APRIL 2017 i will have reached 10 years in the country.
Many thanks in advance.
T.[/quote][/quote]

Longbattle

Post by Longbattle » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Tvkumar wrote:
Tvkumar wrote:URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLZZ!!
I am going for SET(LR) appointment in PEO on Friday. I am filling application SET (LR) form and am having problems with interpreting section D (immigration history).
My current visa status is " limited leave to remain on basis of private life" and has been for the last 2 yrs. My daughter is a UK citizen. Does this mean "I stayed in the UK as a family member of an EEA national exercising treaty rights"? never crossed

thanks,
K
Update. Had my appointment on 02.11.2016 at Liverpool. Got ILR SET(LR) Received biometric card by post today 04.11.2016.
Thank you all for the advice and help. Very much appreciated.

Hi kumar congratulations for this achievement. Bro i am also going on window this month if you dont mind can you explain little bit.
Was it easy process. They ask any questions or create aby trouble. I am going on 10 years rules.
Thanks
Regards
Will be happy to help if anyone needs advice.
Thanks
K

Tvkumar
Newly Registered

Post by Tvkumar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am

Longbattle wrote:
Tvkumar wrote:
Tvkumar wrote:URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLZZ!!
I am going for SET(LR) appointment in PEO on Friday. I am filling application SET (LR) form and am having problems with interpreting section D (immigration history).
My current visa status is " limited leave to remain on basis of private life" and has been for the last 2 yrs. My daughter is a UK citizen. Does this mean "I stayed in the UK as a family member of an EEA national exercising treaty rights"? never crossed

thanks,
K
Update. Had my appointment on 02.11.2016 at Liverpool. Got ILR SET(LR) Received biometric card by post today 04.11.2016.
Thank you all for the advice and help. Very much appreciated.

Hi kumar congratulations for this achievement. Bro i am also going on window this month if you dont mind can you explain little bit.
Was it easy process. They ask any questions or create aby trouble. I am going on 10 years rules.
Thanks
Regards
Will be happy to help if anyone needs advice.
Thanks
K
Hi mate, sorry about the delayed response. It was a straightforward process as long as you have a clean record of immigration. My case was a bit different, as my partner and both my kids are British, eventhough my application was not based on them I would say it played a huge part.
They didn't ask me any questions. Just make sure you take as many documents as possible even if it might seem unnecessary! Good luck

AshM19
Newly Registered

Post by AshM19 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi,

Did you have to provide evidence of when your visa was refused and when it was appealed? Or did you provide a cover letter as there is nowhere on the Set(LR)form where you can give evidence of this.

Regards
Ash
raj2323 wrote:All,
Received my SET LR approval letter today. Below is the timeline for the whole process. Thank you very much for the support and info in this forum. Really helpful. Postal premium upgrade do work but will need to wait nearly 4 weeks from the provisional acceptance email until a decision could be made. timeline as below. thanks.
APPLICATION SENT 18/08/2016 THURSDAY
PAYMENT TAKEN 23/08/2016 TUESDAY
confirmation email received 31/08/2016
BRP letter date 30/08/2016 received on 1/9/16
BRP done 02/09/2016
Premium postal upgrade 28/09/2016 application+payment form sent- due to urgent travel on 27/10/16
Provisionally accepted 29/09/2016
Auto generated 30/09/2016 email saying decision can take up to 6 months
Premium upgrade payment taken 13/10/2016
Decision confirmation email received 20/10/2016
Received approval letter and passport 22/10/2016

My visa history
04/09/2006 student visa granted
13/09/2006 entered UK
Oct-09 renewed student visa, rejected
2010 appeal rejected, upper tribunal accepted- rejection due to my birth certificate is in Malaysian language and not been translated and certified
Dec 2010 received student visa for 3 months until February 2011
Feb-11 student visa extension rejected, appeal rejected, higher tribunal rejected- same reason even though birth certificate supplied with translated copy.
Jul-11 while on student visa appeal, applied for PSW as I've completed my degree
Feb-12 PSW for 2 years
Feb-14 Tier 2 until Feb 17

teminee
Newly Registered

Post by teminee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Many thanks in advance.
T.
plssssss can someone help with advice i need it badly thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:18 pm

teminee wrote:
Many thanks in advance.
T.
plssssss can someone help with advice i need it badly thanks
You need to complete 10 years on the family route (2.5 years x 4)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Dear all,
I'll be appreciated if anyone could come step forward who had experienced as mine situation. I first entered in the UK on 14/09/2016 and extended visa several times as a student. Hence, my 10 year anniversary will be on 14/10/2016. Anyways, my tier-2 visa was refused on 05/08/2016 and the administrative review negetively determined on 12/09/2016 and refusal letter said that I've only 14 days to disclose any new issues that, why should I stay in the UK further. Therefore, 35 days shortfall to reach the goal from the day of my AR was concluded. However, I had an opportunity to apply any fresh application within 28 days of my refusal which will be disregarded [Immigration rule: 276B].

I did so. I've applied SET(LR) on 20/09/2016 by post which was 24 days earlier, however, my 10 years long residency application was submitted within 28 days of the qualifying period. Further to the guidance, applications can be granted if they are considered 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period. Furthermore, I added with my application some new circumstances that I'm part way through completing a PhD etc.

Generally, a question could be raised that how can someone apply 28 days earlier without the valid visa before completing the qualifying period? Then, I can modify the same question; could the Home Office able to provide any rules that someone can't apply without the VALID VISA before completing the qualifying period? Here is to note that, no one can provide any black and white evidences, this rules is just word of mouth.

Additionally, yesterday, I know that I had an option to apply FLR (FP) and as soon as I would hit the qualifying period I would have the chance to vary the application with SET(LR). Again, same question could be pointed out which is 'without valid visa'. If 28 days overstaying period is disregarded, then why won't I be eligible for applying within 28 days of the qualifying period for ten years route. I'm really passing a devastating time, can anyone help me to get rid of this dilemma please??!! Have anyone experienced this issue? Any comments please.

Nzekells

Post by Nzekells » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:04 pm

mdiqbal wrote:Dear all,
I'll be appreciated if anyone could come step forward who had experienced as mine situation. I first entered in the UK on 14/09/2016 and extended visa several times as a student. Hence, my 10 year anniversary will be on 14/10/2016. Anyways, my tier-2 visa was refused on 05/08/2016 and the administrative review negetively determined on 12/09/2016 and refusal letter said that I've only 14 days to disclose any new issues that, why should I stay in the UK further. Therefore, 35 days shortfall to reach the goal from the day of my AR was concluded. However, I had an opportunity to apply any fresh application within 28 days of my refusal which will be disregarded [Immigration rule: 276B].

I did so. I've applied SET(LR) on 20/09/2016 by post which was 24 days earlier, however, my 10 years long residency application was submitted within 28 days of the qualifying period. Further to the guidance, applications can be granted if they are considered 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period. Furthermore, I added with my application some new circumstances that I'm part way through completing a PhD etc.

Generally, a question could be raised that how can someone apply 28 days earlier without the valid visa before completing the qualifying period? Then, I can modify the same question; could the Home Office able to provide any rules that someone can't apply without the VALID VISA before completing the qualifying period? Here is to note that, no one can provide any black and white evidences, this rules is just word of mouth.

Additionally, yesterday, I know that I had an option to apply FLR (FP) and as soon as I would hit the qualifying period I would have the chance to vary the application with SET(LR). Again, same question could be pointed out which is 'without valid visa'. If 28 days overstaying period is disregarded, then why won't I be eligible for applying within 28 days of the qualifying period for ten years route. I'm really passing a devastating time, can anyone help me to get rid of this dilemma please??!! Have anyone experienced this issue? Any comments please.
If you entered the UK on 14/09/06 (I assume that's what you mean), why didn't you apply for SET LR mid August (28 days earlier) within your AR period? Again, how do u mean 'without a valid visa'? You would be on 3C leave within those periods, an as such, you have leave based on that. That leave permits you to apply for ILR.
Opinion is researchedly mine!

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:07 am

Dear Nzekells,
Thanks a lot for your reply. Actually, I first entered in the UK on 14/10/2006. I just wrongly mentioned 14/09/2006. Sorry for that.

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:13 am

Dear,
Recently, I got a letter from the Home Office for reporting purposes which is really disastrous. They have given me temporary leave and order me to report every after 4 weeks.

wasim.ashraf
Newly Registered

Post by wasim.ashraf » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:51 pm

URGENT HELP PLEASE !

Please see below timeline :

Initial entry clearance Sept 2006 (student)
Further leave as student and then PSW.

Then went on to Tier 1 General (2 + 3)

In May 2015 - stopped at Heathrow and leave to remain cancelled due to allegation of deception in earning. Went for admin review that was refused and then Judicial Review. Home Office withdrew at this stage and reinstated leave to remain.

Applied for ILR (PBS) in June 2016 as completed 5 years within the Tier 1.

Got refusal on 26th November 2016. I had pleaded discretion as I had not been able to work due to leave being cancelled whilst I went for JR. However, case worker stated no reason to apply discretion.

In the meantime I am now eligible to apply for ILR (long stay) based on completing 10 years in the country.

I am in a fix now as I am not sure whether I should go for Admin Review for the ILR (Tier 1) or apply for ILR (long stay). i am worried that this refusal might impact on the ILR (long stay) but at the same time also concerned that with admin review and then potentially JR would involve a lot of time etc.

Please advise.

Thanks

Plea

jessbeth2016
Newly Registered

Post by jessbeth2016 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi All

I was wondering if someone could help.

My husband is applying for his 10 year SET (LR) this weekend at a premium appointment and I am just wanting to clarify part of the supporting documents people have shown.

My husband has both his old passport (with his first visa in) and his current visa. Do we then need other documents to prove he has been in the country for the 10 years for example previous employee letters, proof of address etc etc or are the two passports enough evidence?

I would really appreciate someone replying!

Thank you

Jess

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Dear all,
Any updates for my queries, please?

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:03 am

mdiqbal wrote:Dear all,

Hello. my situation is same. HO has sent refusal letter and kepy passports with them and gave 14 days time for AR.My first visa is dated 22/12/2006. Can i apply for ILR LONG RESIDENCY now? and what will be the preoedure. what shal i do with AR.
Please advise
Thank you

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:04 am

Thank you mdiqbal.
In what way i am still under 28 days? my visa is already expired on 13/10/2016. Also what documents do i need foe ILR. Can i apply same day sercvice.Could you also suggest good dolisitor please.
Thank you

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:06 am

Dear gbpmatrix,
It is definitely that you have 3c leave still alive. and I need to know when is the deadline for AR? I forgot actual form name, however an expert can deal with this matter, I mean immigration solicitor, the whole process is a complicated in nature. Please don't put your nose by yourself. Engage a lawyer. As your 3c still alive and on the basis of 3c you are definitely safe to apply for your ilr. Additionally, you need a nice cover latter for that as well. Moreover, I can challenge that you can apply before 28 days of your ten years which is any time from now. Hence please don't delay. If you need any document to get help then you can email me onto xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thanks.

Mod edit; details removed

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:15 am

Dear gbpmatrix,
If you don't have 100% valid arguable ground, Please don't do AR. It will destroy your 3c and gen years if you can't win. Thing now before doing anything. Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:40 am

mdiqbal wrote:Dear gbpmatrix,
It is definitely that you have 3c leave still alive. and I need to know when is the deadline for AR? I forgot actual form name, however an expert can deal with this matter, I mean immigration solicitor, the whole process is a complicated in nature. Please don't put your nose by yourself. Engage a lawyer. As your 3c still alive and on the basis of 3c you are definitely safe to apply for your ilr. Additionally, you need a nice cover latter for that as well. Moreover, I can challenge that you can apply before 28 days of your ten years which is any time from now. Hence please don't delay. If you need any document to get help then you can email me onto xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thanks.
No contact details.

Share here so all my validate, benefit and contribute.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:12 am

Dear all,
Correction of the clerical mistake:
There will be word 'ten years' instead of 'gen years' and 'think before' instead of 'thing before'. Thanks

bilumoka
Newly Registered

Post by bilumoka » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:12 am

You should provide documents like bank statements and council tax letters to prove your residence

ncl79
Newly Registered

Post by ncl79 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:58 pm

Hi All,

This is my situation. I Came to UK as a student in Feb 2005. Then my visa expired on 31/10/2006. My college sent my passport for extension 9 days late (10 Nov 2006) but sent without the passport photos (idiots). HO sent the docs back to college and college sent the docs back with the photos end of December 2006 (59 days late and I was over stayed that period). I applied for 10 years LR in Feb 2015 and got refused as my stay was broken in 2006.
Now I will complete 10 years again (After the over stay in Dec 2006). Would you think I am eligible for LR as I completed lawful 10 years stay in UK ? Please share your thoughts. (currently I am a tier1 dependent)

PAK

Post by PAK » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:30 am

Good morning everyone, hope all of you are fine. Actually I want to cl need help that my friend entered uk 27/01/07 and he wants to go on window service 10 years basis. What is earliest date that he can go please.