ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Interview 12th December 2016

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jagraj
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Interview 12th December 2016

Post by jagraj » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can help me regarding my Naturalisation interview which is going to be on 12th December 2016 at Liverpool. Does anyone know that what sort of questions they gonna ask except English test and LIUK as i have genuinely cleared both.
''Basically I came to UK in 2009 as a student then got married in 2012 with BC. I got divorce after 3 years of being married in 2015 from my British wife and after my ILR. In 2016 i married again in UK and applied visa for my spouse. which she got after an interview at Liverpool. They asked us various questions and we answered them all correctly and my spouse got her visa'' Now when i applied for Naturalisation in 25 September 2016 they called me and my spouse again for an interview. I dont know why?? can someone please help

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation Interview 12th December 2016

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:59 pm

jagraj wrote:Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can help me regarding my Naturalisation interview which is going to be on 12th December 2016 at Liverpool. Does anyone know that what sort of questions they gonna ask except English test and LIUK as i have genuinely cleared both.
''Basically I came to UK in 2009 as a student then got married in 2012 with BC. I got divorce after 3 years of being married in 2015 from my British wife and after my ILR. In 2016 i married again in UK and applied visa for my spouse. which she got after an interview at Liverpool. They asked us various questions and we answered them all correctly and my spouse got her visa'' Now when i applied for Naturalisation in 25 September 2016 they called me and my spouse again for an interview. I dont know why?? can someone please help
It could dig into your relationship (marriage convenience) and/or TOEIC-related issues.
Or it may just be a random, routine chat.

You are clearly fluent in English, you know your own situation best of all so relax and enjoy the experience.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:05 pm

jagraj wrote:they called me and my spouse again for an interview.
My interpretation (and be aware that it is only my interpretation) is that they suspect that either your first marriage, the basis of your ILR, or your second marriage is a sham marriage, which is why both your wife and you have been invited for an interview (which likely will be conducted separately).

If they suspect deception in either marriage visa application, they can refuse naturalisation as deception counts against the good character requirement.

EDIT: Beaten by Noajthan.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jagraj
Newly Registered

Post by jagraj » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi Guys, Thanks for the response.

They already called us for an interview when I applied for my wife's visa back in July 2016. We both went for an interview and yes we were interviewed individually but we cleared everything and my wife got her visa afterwards.

They did ask me questions about my previous marriage and i answered them all and they also asked questions about my current marriage that was also cleared. Why would they suspect that again tho? as i have cleared everything in previous interview. I dont know what they are trying to find and what they are trying to prove.

They cant cancel my ILR can they?

Moreover, I havent done Toeic I have done B1 and B2 from trinity college London. I have also submitted my Ielts cert which i completed in 2015. LIUK is also genuine from gov.uk authorised centre.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:59 pm

jagraj wrote:They cant cancel my ILR can they?
In theory, they can, but it is very rare.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that they suspect that your first marriage was not subsisting at the time of the grant of ILR. Not declaring it would be tantamount to deception, which is a ground for revoking ILR.

Citizenship is much harder to revoke, being regulated in part by international laws and treaties, which is why all such checks are done before naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.