ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Searching for Jobs on visitor visa (not working)

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sana64

Searching for Jobs on visitor visa (not working)

Post by Sana64 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Dear Friends,

I have some questions on behalf of a friend. My friend has obtained a 2-year visit visa for tourism purposes. My friend also used a letter of employment to apply for the visit visa. She has now arrived in the UK (cleared immigration) and is planning on resigning from her job and wants to use here stay in the UK to apply for jobs and attend interviews (if required). The questions are as follows:

1. Can she attend interviews even though she indicated on her visa application that she was visiting for holiday purposes?

2. If she gets a job offer and leaves the UK to apply for a tier 2 visa, will it cause any problems for her as she applied for jobs while on a visit visa?

3. If she resigns from her job, will she have issues the next time she enters the UK?

4. If she indicated on her visa application that she was visiting for 4 weeks, but wants to stay for 10 weeks, will it cause issues the next time she enters the Uk on the same visa.

I would be grateful if you could provide answers to the above queries. Many thanks.
Thanks
Sana

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Searching for Jobs on visitor visa (not working)

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Sana64 wrote:Dear Friends,

I have some questions on behalf of a friend. My friend has obtained a 2-year visit visa for tourism purposes. My friend also used a letter of employment to apply for the visit visa. She has now arrived in the UK (cleared immigration) and is planning on resigning from her job and wants to use here stay in the UK to apply for jobs and attend interviews (if required). The questions are as follows:

1. Can she attend interviews even though she indicated on her visa application that she was visiting for holiday purposes?

2. If she gets a job offer and leaves the UK to apply for a tier 2 visa, will it cause any problems for her as she applied for jobs while on a visit visa?

3. If she resigns from her job, will she have issues the next time she enters the UK?

4. If she indicated on her visa application that she was visiting for 4 weeks, but wants to stay for 10 weeks, will it cause issues the next time she enters the Uk on the same visa.

I would be grateful if you could provide answers to the above queries. Many thanks.
Thanks
Sana
1. Realistically yes, but if caught (unlikely) may cast doubt)
2. Same as above, not really Cricket but hard to catch
3. Reason to return gone, so most likely yes
4. Yes
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 pm

1) Its a serious matter to misrepresent oneself on visa application.

3) Visa was acquired fraudulently with false or mis-representation as one significant tie to home country was false.

4) Expect questions.

And if there's a pattern expect questions or refusal of any renewal.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Sana64

Post by Sana64 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:51 pm

I t means she cannot accept interview offers?
Thanks Sana