ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service Date ???

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coke
Newly Registered

Premium Service Date ???

Post by coke » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello everyone.

I have one question.

Does the premium service appointment date should be before the current visa expiry date or it can be later than that??

I have booked the appointment date after my visa expire date so please advice.

Thank you.

Casa

Re: Premium Service Date ???

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:57 pm

You can't apply at a PSC after your visa has expired. Neither can you apply by post after the expiry date.

You will be an overstayer :!:

Why on earth have you booked an appointment after your visa expiry date? :shock:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

coke
Newly Registered

Post by coke » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:59 pm

I have made an application online and paid everything but the appointment date was only available after my visa expire date

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Then apply by post BEFORE the expiry date. :idea:

If you arrive at the PSC with an expired student visa they will:

1. Reject your application and you will lose your application fee
AND
2. Highly likely they will retain your passport and only return it to you at the airport on your departure. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

coke
Newly Registered

Post by coke » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Thank you i will try to change the date in different center

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:07 pm

If you arrive at a PSC with an expired visa they will ignore your application, retain your passport and show you the door. Probably with a notification that you need to make arrangements to leave the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

coke
Newly Registered

Post by coke » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Thanks casa,

Will try to change the date as my visa is still valid for few days otherwise will send via post

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Make sure the date of posting is no later than the visa expiry date, or you'll be in the same position.
(Casa, not CR001)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:13 am

Casa wrote:You can't apply at a PSC after your visa has expired. Neither can you apply by post after the expiry date.

You will be an overstayer :!:

Why on earth have you booked an appointment after your visa expiry date? :shock:
Where are you getting your information? This advice is all wrong, and could cost OP and others anxiety and money.

OP has already applied, and they did so before their previous leave expired. The date of the appointment is irrelevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:16 pm

With respect, have I missed something here? The OP writes:
"I have booked the appointment date after my visa expire date so please advice."
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Casa wrote:With respect, have I missed something here? The OP writes:
"I have booked the appointment date after my visa expire date so please advice."
I am also confused and would never advise any to apply in person with an expired visa. But see bottom of page 12 in the link below. Not sure if only specific to Tier 4.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r-2016.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Casa wrote:With respect, have I missed something here? The OP writes:
Can be read both ways.

Either:
  • All activities (including making a booking) took place after said visa had already expired;
OR
  • An appointment was selected that happens to fall after visa expiry but the booking itself was made before that unhappy event.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:33 pm

CR001 wrote:I am also confused and would never advise any to apply in person with an expired visa.
Casa wrote:With respect, have I missed something here?
You are both misunderstanding what the date of application is. It is the date you apply online and pay the fee, not the date of your appointment at the PSC (or the date you post your documents, if it is a standard application).

It is clear from OP's posts that they applied before their most recent leave leave expired. The date of their PSC appointment is not relevant, other than it must be within 45 days of applying.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:39 pm

sah10406 wrote:
CR001 wrote:I am also confused and would never advise any to apply in person with an expired visa.
Casa wrote:With respect, have I missed something here?
You are both misunderstanding what the date of application is. It is the date you apply online and pay the fee, not the date of your appointment at the PSC (or the date you post your documents, if it is a standard application).

It is clear from OP's posts that they applied before their most recent leave leave expired. The date of their PSC appointment is not relevant, other than it must be within 45 days of applying.
There really isn't any need to be so condescending sah10406!

This is not applicable to other applications within the UK at PSC as far as I am aware, so likely Tier 4 specific. We have seen other applications being refused for this very reason, date of application is date of appointment and visa must be valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:48 pm

CR001 wrote:This is not applicable to other applications within the UK at PSC as far as I am aware, so likely Tier 4 specific.
No, it is not Tier 4 specific. For any application made online, the date of application is the date the online form is submitted and paid for.

I am not being condescending, I am highlighting grave errors in the advice posted for OP!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:53 pm

In which case, if a PSC appointment was booked 42 days in advance (when slots become available) and this date was taken as the date of application, there would be a considerable amount of applicants who would have applied too early under the 28 day rule.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Casa wrote:In which case, if a PSC appointment was booked 42 days in advance (when slots become available) and this date was taken as the date of application, there would be a considerable amount of applicants who would have applied too early under the 28 day rule.
Exactly and not meet the residence residence requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:55 pm

sah10406 wrote:
CR001 wrote:This is not applicable to other applications within the UK at PSC as far as I am aware, so likely Tier 4 specific.
No, it is not Tier 4 specific. For any application made online, the date of application is the date the online form is submitted and paid for.
I am aware it is such for applications made abroad, but most applications in the UK at PSC are not, for the very reason that Casa has pointed out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Casa wrote:In which case, if a PSC appointment was booked 42 days in advance (when slots become available) and this date was taken as the date of application, there would be a considerable amount of applicants who would have applied too early under the 28 day rule.
I think you need to go back to the rules, sorry. I hope OP is getting advice from their Tier 4 sponsor, not relying on this thread.

coke
Newly Registered

Post by coke » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Thank you all for your reply. I have managed to change the date before the my visa expire.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 pm

coke wrote:Thank you all for your reply. I have managed to change the date before the my visa expire.
Sorry but you wasted your time. As advised, you have already applied before your leave expired, which was all that is required.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 am

For the interest of anyone submitting a paper application within the UK at the PSC (not an online application) note the following:
Date of Application
the date on which the application is accepted by a Premium Service
Centre of the Home Office, where the application form is submitted in
person,
(Casa, not CR001)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:13 am

Casa wrote:For the interest of anyone submitting a paper application within the UK at the PSC (not an online application) note the following:
Date of Application
the date on which the application is accepted by a Premium Service
Centre of the Home Office, where the application form is submitted in
person,
And to clarify, the question and forum are about Tier 4 applications. Tier 4 is always an online application (unless the applicant is including 10+ dependants), so the date of application is always the date when the form is submitted online and the fee paid.