ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard UK Visitor Visa and Sponsor advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Standard UK Visitor Visa and Sponsor advice

Post by hyderabadi1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:24 am

Hi,

I'm new here so apologise if this has been asked before, this is my criteria below:

I wish to invite my cousin from India to UK to visit myself and family next month.
My question is what should I and they provide to ensure the visa application is successful first time. We would like the visa for next month ' December' i.e in the next 15 working days, which I realise is gov's current max.? working time scale and I may be pushing it somewhat...

Problem is although my cousin is working they do not have much bank balance, not high salary. Does this matter if I'm sponsoring the whole thing?
I'm not sure if they have IT (tax) returns - is this compulsory if Im sponsoring them?

My issue is I have pay slips but not so high at the moment,
am also a company director ( active with positive cash balance)
I can send my bank statements (good)
I am a permanent resident of UK
Have my own house (owner)
What else should I send as sponsor?

My spouse is earning substantially more than myself but this is my cousin could I mention a joint household income? My spouse is too busy so I may not be able to provide/locate their side of finances. I believe joint sponsorships are not allowed anyway?

I will not be doing a priority application but just the standard so wish to get everything right the first time and if we can get a positive decision in 15 working days that would be just right to visit us for Christmas and New Year.

Thanks you in advance for any help and replies.

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

new UK visa application website: VISA4UK

Post by hyderabadi1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:43 am

Has anyone used the new UK gov Visa online application WEBSITE:-

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

As you may have seen from my other thread in this category I wish to invite my cousin from India to visit UK, I am the sponsor.

So wondering is it quicker for me to start application on the website or for them to pay an agent in Hyd. india (such as xxxxxx) in India and they submit theirs and mine documents to VFS Global.

Anyone any experience of doing online via new? website v's using an agent to check documents and submit on your behalf.

Thanks for any possible replies to this and previous thread.

vinny

Re: Standard UK Visitor Visa and Sponsor advice

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:38 am

It may be more important to convince the ECO that your cousin has strong intentions and incentives to leave the UK and return home after the visit.

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Post by hyderabadi1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks for reply vinny, merging my 2 separate subject threads and for the link.

I'm not entirely sure how we can convince ECO that cousin intends to return home but we will try. I think this may pose a problem cousin being male, young and single..

Can only think of details of their employment letter at home, that they have family back home, their bank statements are there but don't show much balance. Does it matter that they don't have IT returns if Im sponsoring? They work for a small employer he doesn't pay salary by bank transfer etc

Could we buy or hold/block a return flight ticket with dates surely that would prove they would return? I have heard of someone doing the same i.e buying flight ticket and sending that with application before getting visa approved...though this would be a big risk (loss of funds) if they were refused a visa.

I also have a question as my payslips are not high atm could I also include my fathers details as he has higher income and tax returns than what I have at present. This is also another reason we wish to invite them as my father had a special birthday recently and we al want a family get together but as he's elderly thought its best i sponsor. I would still include all my details, bank statements etc

Has anyone any experience of sponsoring young unmarried persons? or of using the new gov website?

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Post by hyderabadi1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:25 am

Sorry for back to back post.

We've just heard my cousin is having difficulty getting an employment letter from their employer.

Cousin lives with and supports his mother back home so has every intention of returning. How could we convince VO to grant them a Visa?

The only other thing we could do is purchase the return flight tickets and submit with application as the reason for invite is a special family birthday get together in December.

The only thing they have at the moment other than a valid passport, are bank statements (low balance but does show a regular incoming entry (which is their employment income however employer does not pay them by bank it is either cash or cheque) property/land papers...but that's about it at the moment.

Myself and my father would be sponsoring and assuring the return of this relative back home but no idea what chances are of them getting a visa? Would really appreciate if anyone has successfully obtained a visa for a young unmarried relative or similar if they could share any experience or anyone else wth any ideas?

or I can give the UK Visa helpline a call at £1.37/min anyone used this service? is it helpful? Thanks in advance for any replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:07 am

A return airticket is not proof that he will return. Tickets can be changed or not used at all to return.

He will need a letter from his employer confirming his work and salary and that he has been granted annual leave from X date to Y date and that his employment will continue after his holiday.

It is up to the applicant to provide proof of his ties to home country, proof of financial and personal circumstances etc.

As sponsor, you can submit as much as you want and it still won't be sufficient if the applicant cannot show substantial proof of ties and that he will return.

Unfortunately, years of abuse of the visitor visa, i.e. people just not leaving the UK, has created this severe scrutiny.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Post by hyderabadi1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Thank you for your reply.

We have submitted the online application this morning and been given a GWF reference number. The actual documents and biometrics are going to be done tomorrow 2 Dec.

We have a couple of dilemmas one being we would like our cousin to come on 22 Dec which is exactly 15 working days away, or we should say 14 working days as biometrics etc are going to be done on 2 December-

we have 2 options to decide whether we go the normal standard visa processing route (which takes up to 15 working days but in most cases we're told its done by 12 working days) or do we pay for a Priority visa service (takes just 5-7 working days) by paying an additional 13,000 Rs (£150).

Were submitting at Hyderabad and we were told its not too busy there at the moment and not that many applications are being done right now. So in light of that maybe we might get the decision within 15 working days.

I don't mind doing a Priority application if we're sure they'll get a visa but it would be a waste of an extra £150/ Rs 13,000 if they're not successful.

The applicant is young, employed male, single and this is their first application for a UK visa.

Personally, I can't see why they should be refused but reading here I guess any reason if something is not clear could be given, their documents are in order and we have supplied everything asked as a sponsor -there is nothing missing at our end.

Anyone any experience of using the priority visa service? it just gives the decision quicker but theres no further importance on getting a positive result by seeking clarification in case of uncertainties? Another reason wishing too know sooner is the flights are getting expensive, right now they are ok, but I think in 2 weeks times they will be almost double.

We are thinking of taking a risk and purchasing the flight within the next few days and maybe just using the standard service, as if we don't buy a flight and wait 15 days the fare will double. Even if the outcome is not successful we lose Rs 8000 on the ticket which i guess is cheaper than the extra fee fora Priority service of Rs 13,000.

Another small mistake was made on the online application today regards how much they spend each month from their salary, they forgot to say the house rent which is paid by cheque (50% of salary) is this something they should mention to officer or wait till they ask? as the bank statements will show payments going out each month for xx amount by cheque. They pointed this out within 5 mins of it being sent but were told to not worry too much as the main things that are looked at is the payslips and what salary is stated as going in each month -which does show correctly for 6 months.

Anyone any thoughts or pointers on standard v's priority service and the small overlooked expense on outgoings on the online form submitted.
Thank you.

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Post by hyderabadi1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Went for standard processing rather than priority.
This seems a good idea as we think offices were closed for a day on Tuesday for CM funeral.

The applicants employer had a call Indian morning hours to verify their details which sounds good.

Does anyone know if the UK sponsor gets a call too? and would this be from UK or Chennai? Want to make sure we don't miss the call.
Thanks.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:10 pm

UK Sponsor normally gets a call as well. I received a call every time I sponsored someone.

Thanks

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Post by hyderabadi1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks for your reply.

The UK sponsor did not get a call. The employer however did in India.

The applicant has received an sms (TEXT) that the passport has been dispatched, but nothing about what the decision? Is this normal?

The only correspondence they got via email was that the application had been received and was awaiting assessment by ECO.

Do applicants get informed of decision by email/text prior to passport being dispatched by courier?

Thank you, hope someone can help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:31 pm

hyderabadi1 wrote:The applicant has received an sms (TEXT) that the passport has been dispatched, but nothing about what the decision? Is this normal? Yes, it is normal, they don't tell you the decision, you have to wait to collect the passport

Do applicants get informed of decision by email/text prior to passport being dispatched by courier? No, they don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Post by hyderabadi1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Thanks.

A tense wait till the passport arrives then!

hyderabadi1
Newly Registered

Post by hyderabadi1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Good news. Visa granted.

Would like to know for a first time visitor to UK does named sponsor need to be present at airport to receive them? in case immigration officer needs to ask anything more? Or is it ok for another family member to pick them up?

Note: Although we have sponsored relative UKVI did not contact us for any further details.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Not a must for a Sponsor to pickup visitor at airport
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.