ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacing a lost BRP card - Processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malikhervas
Newly Registered

Replacing a lost BRP card - Processing time

Post by malikhervas » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi All,

My sister lost her BRP card while abroad (it could have been at the airport in the UK), she was fortunately allowed back into the UK after long tedious checks at Heathrow customs. She now has to replace the card and is really short on time, having read the application form on gov.uk, are there any parts to watch out for in the application process and does anyone have an idea on the average processing time?

The reason for the urgency is that she had planned (flights booked) to attend a wedding abroad early January and is really worried her passport and BRP card may not be ready in time. There is the option for same-day service but that is very expensive and perhaps may not be needed.

Really appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Malik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Replacing a lost BRP card - Processing time

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Unless she does it in person (if possible), postal takes upto 3 or 4 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

malikhervas
Newly Registered

Re: Replacing a lost BRP card - Processing time

Post by malikhervas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Thanks CR001 !