ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about overstay partner of British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bukola1

Re: about overstay partner of British Citizen

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:45 pm

and we have not had children we lose our baby last month to miss carry

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:49 pm

If you meet the minimum annual income requirement of £18,600 then it would be better to return to her home country and apply for an unmarried partner visa from there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 pm

thank for ur quick reply I did not meet 18.600 require as I just lost my jobs am on ongoing temporary jobs now and claiming housing benefit. do u think the chance of grant is tiny.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Only a very slim chance of a FLR(FP) application submitted in the UK succeeding from the information you've given.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:12 pm

I want to claim she have no one to return to back home as a family because her father have passed away since
1995 and we have dirt certificate for that to prove and she has never work in this country before she has been in the country for 9years now. we have tried our best to get are the mom but we can't see her. and why I want to do the application is I apply for housing benefit and they ask of her ni I told them she have no one and they ask how long she been in country I told them and they apply to her and we attend interview with my brp and her ppt and I call them they say they want to check with home office before issued the ni that is what really given me concern

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:14 pm

and I come across the section on 10 years route as a partner of who settle in uk who have no limit on are stay here.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:20 pm

or did u know any article I can rely on when making the application.

Anu4real

Post by Anu4real » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:20 am

As a nigerian bro, let me say the advise you are being given here is sound and correct
Is your woman receiving healthcare free? Or are you making use of a private clinic?
If she is using NHS then you need to stop and find out how much you need to pay back and make sure you pay back
If you dont pay, it makes no difference if you have a child who is british or if you are British, they would keep denying her

The fact that she came in without a visa will also work against her

As long as you earn over £18.600 a year and you have proof you have lived together for 3 years, the most she would be out of london for will be 6 months or give or take one year

Lawyers will only tell you what u want to hear and take your money, much easier to let her go back home and apply, i know at least 3 people who went back home and are back to the uk now

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Thank so much for ur reply but there is no one in nig to stay with, all is family are here and is father have also pass away also is mom can't be locate and I can't risk it too as u know
nig condition. Also British are looking for the way to hang people out of country, am thinking about of using form ffr fp if it will walk

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Have also lose my jobs am doing temporary jobs now also claiming housing benefits and am still looking for better jobs

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Please, my fellow forum member I will really appreciate if anyone in my shoe can share their experience with me regarding FLR FP application partner of British citizen 10 years rought with prove of 2years cohabitation. Have summit my partner application last year December before Christ-mas, we receive a biometric letter last week and an additional letter that the application will take time due to the law the application fall on. and pls I just want to ask if I can request my British passport without having bad effect on the application as I want to travel I will really appreciate the reply from some in my shoe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:52 pm

You could have sent certified copies of your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.