ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Youth mobility visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrFargo
Newly Registered

Youth mobility visa

Post by MrFargo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:56 pm

I am currently on a youth mobility visa and I am applying for a tier 4 student visa. My youth mobility visa doesn't run out until March. The only time that I can get back to my home country to apply for my Student visa is in the next couple weeks.
Will they issue me a student visa for March and allow me to still enter the UK on my current Youth mobility visa and use it until my Student visa kicks in?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Youth mobility visa

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:01 pm

When does your course start? Or has it already started?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MrFargo
Newly Registered

Post by MrFargo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 pm

It has already started. It started in September and goes to June but my current visa runs out in March so getting a student visa to cover the last couple months

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:07 am

MrFargo wrote:It has already started. It started in September and goes to June but my current visa runs out in March so getting a student visa to cover the last couple months
Your Tier 4 visa will start immediately and cancel your Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa. So you will return to the UK with that visa, not with your Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.