ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to travel pakistan urgently

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Syedashah51214
Newly Registered

Need to travel pakistan urgently

Post by Syedashah51214 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:48 am

Hello everyone. Is there anyone to help me answer my question please.
My name is Syeda living in uk from 3 years with my husband. Our child was born here in April 2016. I want to travel pakistan for some urgent reasons. How can I travel with my child asap.

-My child doesnt have any british passport
- I got tier 2 dependant visa and a pakistani passport.
- My husband got a naturalization certificate and he just has applied for his passport.

And also i am having some issues getting the british passport for my child.

Many thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Need to travel pakistan urgently

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:23 am

Child needs passport and visa to reenter UK or else a British passport based on having a settled parent.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 am

There is a fast track service available for child passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Syedashah51214
Newly Registered

Post by Syedashah51214 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:56 pm

noajthan wrote:Child needs passport and visa to reenter UK or else a British passport based on having a settled parent.

Thanks for replying. We are having a problem issuing the british passport for our son as they required ILR of my husband( as my husband was at ILR when my son was born) which he has broken as per the instructions and got a naturalization certificate in return, So my husband hasnt got any ILR now. Post office in this case asking us for a letter from home office stating the history of my husband's ILR. And it might take few weeks may be months. Is there any alternate for this?

Can i take my son to pakistan in my pakistani visa? But how would i bring him back?

Many thanks in advance.

Syedashah51214
Newly Registered

Post by Syedashah51214 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:58 pm

CR001 wrote:There is a fast track service available for child passports.
Thanks for replying. We are having a problem issuing the british passport for our son as they required ILR of my husband( as my husband was at ILR when my son was born) which he has broken as per the instructions and got a naturalization certificate in return, So my husband hasnt got any ILR now. Post office in this case asking us for a letter from home office stating the history of my husband's ILR. And it might take few weeks may be months. Is there any alternate for this?

Can i take my son to pakistan in my pakistani visa? But how would i bring him back?

Many thanks in advance.

BCMN1

Post by BCMN1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:03 pm

You should have applied for your child's NICOP and Pakistani passport soon after he was born. This is a backup for any unforeseen travel hiccups.

Urgent ID Card takes 7 days(£92),and passport(£54) further 15 days.

I am afraid there is not much of choice for you as you can take you son to Pakistan but can't bring him back without British Passport.

Syedashah51214
Newly Registered

Post by Syedashah51214 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 am

BCMN1 wrote:You should have applied for your child's NICOP and Pakistani passport soon after he was born. This is a backup for any unforeseen travel hiccups.

Urgent ID Card takes 7 days(£92),and passport(£54) further 15 days.

I am afraid there is not much of choice for you as you can take you son to Pakistan but can't bring him back without British Passport.

Many thanks for your reply. Can i ask if i can apply for my son's passport using my husband british passport which will be arriving in few days time? Or they will require any poof of ILR only as my husband was on ILR when my child born?

Many thanks in advance

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:21 am

Syedashah51214 wrote:Can i ask if i can apply for my son's passport using my husband british passport which will be arriving in few days time? Or they will require any poof of ILR only as my husband was on ILR when my child born?

Many thanks in advance
You need proof that hubby was settled (or British) before child was born.

Syedashah51214
Newly Registered

Post by Syedashah51214 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:36 am

noajthan wrote:
You need proof that hubby was settled (or British) before child was born.
[/quote]

Why arent post office accepting my husband's naturalization form and a genuine letter that arrives with this certificate saying that you are British citizen now? Is this proof not enough? :roll:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:45 am

Syedashah51214 wrote:Why arent post office accepting my husband's naturalization form and a genuine letter that arrives with this certificate saying that you are British citizen now? Is this proof not enough? :roll:
You have to prove one parent was at least settled before child's birth for them to have been born British. (Otherwise if born in UK after parent became settled, child would have to be registered as a citizen before applying for passport).

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Syedashah51214 wrote:Why arent post office accepting my husband's naturalization form and a genuine letter that arrives with this certificate saying that you are British citizen now? Is this proof not enough? :roll:
Because British nationality law doesn't work like that. He needs to prove he was settled before the child was born. If he was naturalised after the child was born, the certificate proves nothing.

Unfortunately you are one of many who have been caught in the trap of having a child whilst on ILR and destroying the BRP (as required) before applying for your child's passport.

Syedashah51214
Newly Registered

Post by Syedashah51214 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:30 am

ohara wrote:
Because British nationality law doesn't work like that. He needs to prove he was settled before the child was born. If he was naturalised after the child was born, the certificate proves nothing.

Unfortunately you are one of many who have been caught in the trap of having a child whilst on ILR and destroying the BRP (as required) before applying for your child's passport.

Hello. Just to give you an update. My husband found his first ILR card which was lost somewhere. And obviously as discussed earlier he had sent his second ILR( WHICH WAS ISSUED AFTER HE LOST HIS FIRST ILR CARD) to the home office. My question is CAN I NOW APPLY FOR MY CHILD BRITISH PASSPORT USING MY HUSBABD'S first ILR which he found few days back?

Many thanks

Syedashah51214
Newly Registered

Post by Syedashah51214 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 am

You have to prove one parent was at least settled before child's birth for them to have been born British. (Otherwise if born in UK after parent became settled, child would have to be registered as a citizen before applying for passport).[/quote]

Hello. Just to give you an update. My husband found his first ILR card which was lost somewhere. And obviously as discussed earlier he had sent his second ILR( WHICH WAS ISSUED AFTER HE LOST HIS FIRST ILR CARD) to the home office. My question is CAN I NOW APPLY FOR MY CHILD BRITISH PASSPORT USING MY HUSBABD'S first ILR which he found few days back?

Many thanks