ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unpaid NHS costs reapply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

danna
Newly Registered

unpaid NHS costs reapply

Post by danna » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi,
I am applying for my visit visa to UK.
During my last visit to the UK a few years ago- I used NHS for a surgery due to which I have some unpaid NHS debts. I believe a letter stating the amount I should pay was sent to the address I was staying in.
My question :
1) How do I know how much money I have to pay to NHS to get my dues cleared
2) If I pay now the NHS costs just a few weeks before applying for a visit visa - would my visa be even then rejectd as I have read in the guidance notes that all NHS dues need to be cleared 6 months before applying for a visa.
3 ) Have there been any known cases where visit visas rejected due to unpaid NHS debts.
4) How likely are the NHS debts checked by UKBA when applying for a visa(since I am a returning visitor).
5) If I don't mention anything about the surgery - I assume it would be some sort of visa ban if my records were cross checked with NHS?
6 ) If I mention I used NHS during my last visit -would it be a refusal as I shouldn't be using NHS on a visit visa..health tourist etc?

Thanks

Petaltop

Re: unpaid NHS costs reapply

Post by Petaltop » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:23 pm

danna wrote:Hi,
I am applying for my visit visa to UK.
During my last visit to the UK a few years ago- I used NHS for a surgery due to which I have some unpaid NHS debts. I believe a letter stating the amount I should pay was sent to the address I was staying in.
My question :
2) If I pay now the NHS costs just a few weeks before applying for a visit visa - would my visa be even then rejectd as I have read in the guidance notes that all NHS dues need to be cleared 6 months before applying for a visa.
3 ) Have there been any known cases where visit visas rejected due to unpaid NHS debts.
4) How likely are the NHS debts checked by UKBA when applying for a visa(since I am a returning visitor).
5) If I don't mention anything about the surgery - I assume it would be some sort of visa ban if my records were cross checked with NHS?
6 ) If I mention I used NHS during my last visit -would it be a refusal as I shouldn't be using NHS on a visit visa..health tourist etc?

Thanks

"The NHS is designed to meet the health care needs of the UK, and we won't tolerate abuse of this service. We welcome overseas visitors, but those who use NHS facilities need to pay for them, or they will be barred from coming here. It's very simple - pay up or you won't be welcome in the UK," said Immigration Minister Damian Green.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/overseas-inter ... les-228788

The NHS give UKVI their debtors details. Steal from the UK at your peril.

Try to use deception to get a visa to the UK, then you risk a ban.

Pay what you owe. Make sure you have full health insurance for any trips to the UK as the NHS now add 50% to bill if you don't have insurance, or can refuse to treat you if you don't pay up front.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:33 pm

This just in. It is likely that users will now need to present two pieces of evidence of eligibility to access NHS services.

So, you can see that the UK is cracking down quite hard on NHS usage by people not entitled to it.

I would not get your hopes too high about getting a visit visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:49 pm

danna wrote:Hi,
My question :

Thanks
1) Contact NHS; concerned regional health authority.

2) Yes, you have answered your own question.

3) Yes

4) Very likely in current political climate.

5) Yes, suppression of material facts is a serious immigration offence and may be classed as deception

6) See #5
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 pm

danna wrote:3 ) Have there been any known cases where visit visas rejected due to unpaid NHS debts.
Highly likely.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 84165.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 14750.html

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Guidance to Immigration Officers on grounds of refusal & the appropriate wording. Note: *£1,000 outstanding from NHS charges has now been amended to include debts of £500 and over.

outstanding charge to the National Health Service (NHS)
I am satisfied that you have failed to pay an outstanding charge or charges with a
total value of at least £1,000* in respect of National Health Service (NHS) treatment
you have received. This is in accordance with the relevant NHS regulations on
charges for overseas visitors, based on evidence received from [insert name of relevant NHS body].
[Explain reasons here]
Optional: [In light of this, the Secretary of State has deemed that refusal is
appropriate and is not prepared to exercise discretion in your favour].
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

honey2008

Post by honey2008 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:24 pm

I thinks you have mis-used the hospitality of UK Plc.

Just because you want to visit again and hence sudden change of heart does not guarantee your visa.

Also you should not wait for any letters to pay for something which you have to pay. To be frank its just an excuse..

My mother-in-law came from US to visit us and she had just X-ray and she was examined by doctor.They told us that we will receive a letter from post about the cost we have to pay. The letter never arrived .

We sent a e-mail to the concerned NHS trust and got reply and paid up. Don't need rocket science if your intentions are clear..Every NHS trust has contact details....

Sorry for being harsh can't help it...because it's all taxpayers, like me, whose money you are using..

Regards
Honey