ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement Visa documents returned

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Arif6791
Newly Registered

settlement Visa documents returned

Post by Arif6791 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:08 pm

HI i am wondering if someone on will be able to help me, i have Applied for my wife's settlement visa for the UK form Lahore Pakistan. we received our documents back 2 months after she applied. its been 2 weeks since we got out supporting documents back but we still haven't herd anything. i emailed them and the reply i got was the application is still yet to be assessed by an ECO officer, but why have they send the documents back? i am really worried, will someone be able to help me in what i could do. it would be much appreciated

thank you

Casa

Re: settlement Visa documents returned

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:20 pm

My understanding is that the procedure for applications submitted in Pakistan is to scan the original documents in Sheffield and return them to the applicant or sponsor while the application is being processed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Arif6791
Newly Registered

UK settlement visa from Pakistan

Post by Arif6791 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi just wanting to find out if anyone can help

I recently applied for my wife's settlement 3nd half months ago from Lahore and we received our support documents back on the 1st November, but we haven't herd a thing every time I contact them the last To weeks and the email I get back says your application is in progress, but they've been saying that the last few weeks. I'm getting frustrated as a family friend applied for there settlement visa one month after my wife and theve got there visa, a thought my case would be more strange forward as I own my own business and house. It's been over 3 months and herd nothing yet, will someone be able to advise me on what to do,
Thank you